Used 2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Best Car
By pumasoccer3

2000 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I have trusted it and it broke down once because of a starter that i did not change which is suppose to be changed every 10 years. And since then i haven't had a problem great car. Going to give it to my 16 year old.

Favorite Features

I love how reliable it is. I am never scared it has never broke down only one time when i forgot to change the battery. But i love the 4wd!

Over 100,000 miles and no rattles
By NOLA lady

2000 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV

This is the most dependable vehicle I've ever driven. When we evacuated NOLA during Hurricane Katrina, we left the vehicle parked in our driveway (we evacuated in my husband's newer model 4-Runner). Mine sat in over a foot of water for at least a week and was hit by flying debris (probably part of our roof). When I started it up three weeks later, the engine turned right over; I was one of the only people on my street who just got in the car and drove it away. Since then, we've dealt with canyon-sized NOLA pot- holes, street debris, and true off- road conditions every day. Not a problem. She has cosmetic battle scars, but not a single rattle. 113,000 miles and going strong.

Suggested Improvements

The ride is rough, but then again this is basically a truck. I'd like a smoother ride, but not if I have to give up the off-road capabilities and general "tightness" of the vehicle. Another miscellaneous junk (cell- phone) holder would be nice; I use the cup-holder for that purpose.

Great SUV!
By Bully

2000 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I owned a Ford Explorer prior to this 4Runner, and while it was a good SUV, it just isn't in the same class as the 4Runner. This is a great looking, well made SUV. There are no squeaks or rattles - the truck is tight, even after 50,000 miles. The steering is very responsive. While the engine is fine, more power would be appreciated (and is now offered by Toyota).

Favorite Features

This is a surefooted, good looking SUV, and I can go anywhere I want to go, and be comfortable getting there.

Suggested Improvements

This SUV sorely needs and upgraded stereo. It is a "vanilla" sounding unit - probably due to the cheap speakers in the doors. Even though you can adjust treble, mid, and bass, it just never gets to the place where you can lean back and say "that sounds great".

Bad experience
By BRITTinFL

2000 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I loved my 4-Runner until the right front wheel sheered off at the axle at 50mph, the truck then veered to the right and rolled. I guess it's a testimony to the truck also that my passenger and I walked away from the accident. $14,000 in damages, I don't want to drive it any more.....

Favorite Features

The back window, it's how I got out...

Suggested Improvements

Deeper, more comfortable seats

I LOVE IT
By mstpoo

2000 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I have wanted a 4runner for so long. I just got one, and I love it! I could'nt ask for anything else!

Favorite Features

Ilove the Limited edition.