Used 2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Great
By d-dub

2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV

I got this suv with 180k on it and I plan on having it for a long time! It is very reliable and great for those snowy Colorado winters. I also use it to haul my atv. Perfect for what I need. It is a second car so I should have it for years to come. Lots of DIY support online if you want to maintain it yourself. It is not overly complicated like newer vehicles out there but it will last much longer.

My Baby
By David Cordera

2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV

The best car I have ever owned. Superior off-road performance and pleasurable highway driving. I will keep it until the wheels fall off.

Best Car
By pumasoccer3

2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV

I have trusted it and it broke down once because of a starter that i did not change which is suppose to be changed every 10 years. And since then i haven't had a problem great car. Going to give it to my 16 year old.

I love how reliable it is. I am never scared it has never broke down only one time when i forgot to change the battery. But i love the 4wd!

Over 100,000 miles and no rattles
By NOLA lady

2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV

This is the most dependable vehicle I've ever driven. When we evacuated NOLA during Hurricane Katrina, we left the vehicle parked in our driveway (we evacuated in my husband's newer model 4-Runner). Mine sat in over a foot of water for at least a week and was hit by flying debris (probably part of our roof). When I started it up three weeks later, the engine turned right over; I was one of the only people on my street who just got in the car and drove it away. Since then, we've dealt with canyon-sized NOLA pot- holes, street debris, and true off- road conditions every day. Not a problem. She has cosmetic battle scars, but not a single rattle. 113,000 miles and going strong.

The ride is rough, but then again this is basically a truck. I'd like a smoother ride, but not if I have to give up the off-road capabilities and general "tightness" of the vehicle. Another miscellaneous junk (cell- phone) holder would be nice; I use the cup-holder for that purpose.

Great SUV!
By Bully

I owned a Ford Explorer prior to this
4Runner, and while it was a good SUV,
it just isn't in the same class as the
4Runner. This is a great looking,
well made SUV. There are no squeaks
or rattles - the truck is tight, even
after 50,000 miles. The steering is
very responsive. While the engine is
fine, more power would be appreciated
(and is now offered by Toyota).

This is a surefooted, good looking SUV, and I can go anywhere I want to go, and be comfortable getting there.

This SUV sorely needs and upgraded stereo. It is a "vanilla" sounding unit - probably due to the cheap speakers in the doors. Even though you can adjust treble, mid, and bass, it just never gets to the place where you can lean back and say "that sounds great".