2000 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Best Car
By pumasoccer3 on 07/02/10 00:20 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV

I have trusted it and it broke down once because of a starter that i did not change which is suppose to be changed every 10 years. And since then i haven't had a problem great car. Going to give it to my 16 year old.

Over 100,000 miles and no rattles
By NOLA lady on 09/22/06 08:33 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV

This is the most dependable vehicle I've ever driven. When we evacuated NOLA during Hurricane Katrina, we left the vehicle parked in our driveway (we evacuated in my husband's newer model 4-Runner). Mine sat in over a foot of water for at least a week and was hit by flying debris (probably part of our roof). When I started it up three weeks later, the engine turned right over; I was one of the only people on my street who just got in the car and drove it away. Since then, we've dealt with canyon-sized NOLA pot- holes, street debris, and true off- road conditions every day. Not a problem. She has cosmetic battle scars, but not a single rattle. 113,000 miles and going strong.

Great SUV!
By Bully on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV

I owned a Ford Explorer prior to this 4Runner, and while it was a good SUV, it just isn't in the same class as the 4Runner. This is a great looking, well made SUV. There are no squeaks or rattles - the truck is tight, even after 50,000 miles. The steering is very responsive. While the engine is fine, more power would be appreciated (and is now offered by Toyota).

Bad experience
By BRITTinFL on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV

I loved my 4-Runner until the right front wheel sheered off at the axle at 50mph, the truck then veered to the right and rolled. I guess it's a testimony to the truck also that my passenger and I walked away from the accident. $14,000 in damages, I don't want to drive it any more.....

I LOVE IT
By mstpoo on 03/08/02 00:56 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV

I have wanted a 4runner for so long. I just got one, and I love it! I could'nt ask for anything else!