Yota convert
By DougT. on
1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV
1999 4Runner SR5 (2WD, 3.4 V6) bought less than six months ago with 95k miles on it. When I test drove it I could not believe how tight (new feeling) everything was for a six year old vehicle with close to a 100k miles on it. The only problems were the power antena didn't work (broken mast, easy fix) and the starter tended to stick. Being a paranoid person, I put it in the shop on day one of owning it to have a complete tune up of all systems as well as a new timing belt, starter, and water pump (since they were at it anyway when replacing the timing belt) I've driven it an additional 10,000 miles since buying it with not a single problem. So far it's the best vehicle I've ever owned.
Favorite Features
#1 Reliability, #2 Appearance, #3 Quality, #4 My five year old son thinks it's the coolest, #5 My wife is afraid to drive it ("too big") so it's all mine!!!
Suggested Improvements
Not many because this was a well planned vehicle. The MPG is around 19 highway but common it's a pretty big vehicle with only 180 or so horses. I guess it could have a larger gas tank for less fill ups. Get rid of timing belts completely (I don't care about engine noise) and give me a chain.