1999 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: Yota convert

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Review

Yota convert
By DougT. on

1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV

1999 4Runner SR5 (2WD, 3.4 V6) bought less than six months ago with 95k miles on it. When I test drove it I could not believe how tight (new feeling) everything was for a six year old vehicle with close to a 100k miles on it. The only problems were the power antena didn't work (broken mast, easy fix) and the starter tended to stick. Being a paranoid person, I put it in the shop on day one of owning it to have a complete tune up of all systems as well as a new timing belt, starter, and water pump (since they were at it anyway when replacing the timing belt) I've driven it an additional 10,000 miles since buying it with not a single problem. So far it's the best vehicle I've ever owned.

#1 Reliability, #2 Appearance, #3 Quality, #4 My five year old son thinks it's the coolest, #5 My wife is afraid to drive it ("too big") so it's all mine!!!

Not many because this was a well planned vehicle. The MPG is around 19 highway but common it's a pretty big vehicle with only 180 or so horses. I guess it could have a larger gas tank for less fill ups. Get rid of timing belts completely (I don't care about engine noise) and give me a chain.