1999 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: Overall Good SUV

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Review

Overall Good SUV
By Mandi on

1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned this vehicle for over 1 1/2 years and overall it's very safe, reliable and dependable. I don't like that it has not much get up and go without taking a second to think about it first. Also, have had to replace rotors 2x now and working on the third. For some reason had strange wear on tires that were put on 9 mo ago and all rotors and tires need to be replaced again to feel stable. Had an accident in it and let me tell you, this is one SAFE car. I'm glad I trusted my life in this car. VERY safe in winter.

I love the roll down back window and the moon roof, I love that it's kinda compact (not really wide) and that it's really safe/sturdy feeling. Ability to add bigger tire on to see over snowbanks with.

I would have preferred more powerful, but this is to be expected out of an SUV. I like the get up and go of a car, but the height of an SUV to see over cars/snowbanks with.