1999 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: Excellent Vehicle

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Review

Excellent Vehicle
By Vegas4Runner on

1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

Awesome SUV. I am amazed with the driveability & handling. What makes it so impressive is that you can drive it as if it was sedan - smooth, quiet, and comfortable OR like a truck - torque and 4WD, when you need it. The only negative is the gas mileage. I have found that if I drive it light and smooth, I am able to get about 260 miles/tank. However, if I drive it heavier, I'll be lucky to get 210 miles out of a full tank. Let's just say that the 4runner has taught me to become a more patient & relaxed driver, which is a good thing I suppose. Additionally, although I haven't tried towing anything yet, I feel that the power is quite plentiful.

Appearance, driveability, 4wd-works great, interior, comfort, and just about everything else. My family and friends love to drive MY TRUCK!

Only 1 thing - Gas mileage - it could use some improvement with heavier driving. I have an X5 that I drive slightly heavy-footed and I still get great gas mileage out of it.