Bought 1999 in 2003
By rileykins28 on
1999 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD
I bought a 1999 Limited 4WD in 2003. I went to the dealership looking to buy a new 4runner, and couldn't bring myself to pay $35,000 for the newer model after driving the 1999.I bought a certified used 4runner and purchased the extended 100,000 warranty. I only had one problem mechanically with this vehicle and it was totally covered under the extended warranty. Since purchasing and seeing all the new 4runners, I wanted to trade just for the new body style, but can't get the comfortable feeling like I have in the 1999. Overall I love this vehicle, but will try another dealership next time.
Favorite Features
I love how easy it is to switch to 4WD. The back seats are so roomy and the cargo area is big enough to store anything on a long trip. Lots of room in the drivers area and you don't feel cramped up. I love how the lights automatically go off when you open the driver's door.
Suggested Improvements
The power seat buttons could be more accessible with the door closed. The rear door could be a little easier to shut. Other than that, I wouldn't trade a thing!