1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
I love our 4 Runner
By mchagberg on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

We just bought ours

It's a Toyota - What do you expect...
By Jataga on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned my 4Runner for a little over 4 years now and am COMPLETELY satisfied. I must say it is a GREAT SUV to own. The reason why I purchased it was b/c of reliability and looks! I have taken mine off road numerous times in very difficult terrain and with the ground clearance and articulation this SUV has, it is awesome. I put an average of 25,000 miles a year on mine and it is running just as good at 100,000 miles as it was at 1,000 miles. I love it and would definitely buy another one!

The Runner
By cubby on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

Good one the road and highway. Feels like a truck but gives you the SUV feel.

1999 4Runner SR5
By jmel on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

Outstanding. We purchased the SR5 for my wife, and replaced the cloth seating with after market leather that looks and feels like the factory installed Leather on the 4Runner Limited. We also added a 2 stage heating element to the drivers seat for those cold winter days. Nice!

very comfortable, so-so mileage
By chuynh on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought my 99-4Runner SR5 4WD used in 1/00 w/24k miles for $28k. Have replaced tires, brakes, spark plugs @ 65k. The 4Runner is an adequate compromise between my prev. vehicles: Toyota pickup STD cab (utility) & Dodge Intrepid ES (looks & performance). Sound system & speakers are above average w/excellent tweeter positioning. 4WD works well in MN winters. I like the height of the vehicle. Makes moving in-out of car traffic easy. Synching infant & toddler car seats are adequate w/help of pre-tensioner belts.

4Runners Are Worth Every Penny
By Muss287 on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

No problems whatsoever; this is my 2nd 4Runner (1st was a '95); I chose this one based on it reliability (of course), increased interior & engine sizes & increased safety rating. After comparing all other SUVs in this class, the 4Runner exceeded the rest. While the HP is less than American models, the 4Runner more than makes up for it with its reliability, comfort & safety ratings. The highest HP wasn't a priority for me.

Excellent
By Anico on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV

Excellent car. What else do you want me to say.

IT'S GREAT!
By JENNIFER on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV 4dr SUV

WONDERFEUL TRUCK! I WOULD BY IT

4 Runner Worth Every Penny!
By TC on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

My 1999 4Runner was my first venture into the SUV market and it was an excellent choice. I've put almost 77,000 miles on it with virtually no problems at all. Routine maintenance is all I've done. It's a comfortable and reliable vehicle that is worth the price!

only the best
By only the best on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV

Why can't the American vehicles be built as well?