Used 1999 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Overall Good SUV
By Mandi

1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned this vehicle for over 1 1/2 years and overall it's very safe, reliable and dependable. I don't like that it has not much get up and go without taking a second to think about it first. Also, have had to replace rotors 2x now and working on the third. For some reason had strange wear on tires that were put on 9 mo ago and all rotors and tires need to be replaced again to feel stable. Had an accident in it and let me tell you, this is one SAFE car. I'm glad I trusted my life in this car. VERY safe in winter.

I love the roll down back window and the moon roof, I love that it's kinda compact (not really wide) and that it's really safe/sturdy feeling. Ability to add bigger tire on to see over snowbanks with.

I would have preferred more powerful, but this is to be expected out of an SUV. I like the get up and go of a car, but the height of an SUV to see over cars/snowbanks with.

Great over all vehicle to drive
By Lindsey Pickman

1999 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

The toyota 4Runner 4dr 4wd limited is a dependable vehicle that I have owned and does very well in the winter snow. The leather seats are very comfortable. The amount of space is great for all kinds of storage from front to back, better than the new 4Runners.

Best idea for the SUV is the back window that goes up and down for example: putting dogs inside and having air for them or putting their heads out the window.

Having a warranty on the leather seats as they tear after time of use. Hard to replace them.

Fun to drive
By Trisha424

1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV

This is the best car I have EVER owned. I love it. Its all around great car. Its extremely reliable & dependable. I just wish the rear seats had air conditioning instead of heat. I live in Arizona so air condition is more of a necessity.

Air conditioning & heating in the back seats not just heat.

The car, but not the dealer
By smin

1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV

I bought my 4Runner new in mid 1999. Love the car! It's sturdy construction gives a sense of security. PLENTY of power.

I love my moonroof. Everyone should have one! The sound system is also excellent!

I wish it could get better gas mileage.

99 4Runner
By jerryhutcheson

1999 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Not one problem. Trouble free. Retrofitted K&N cold air intake. 20-21 MPG. A Pleasure to drive.

Real 4 wheel drive.