Used 1999 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Awesome truck!
By bl

1999 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV

Bought it used in 2004. It's already been 3 years/40000 miles - not a single problem so far. Ride may seem a little rough to some people, but it's a trade-off for a great off-road performance

Great design, fun to drive

I love my 4Runner
By Logan Wild

1999 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I have only owned my 4Runner for almost 6 months and have only driven it for 3 months but I love it so far. It's so comfy and has no blind spots and the leather seats are so comfortable.

I love the interior, simple but easy to use. Sunroof is huge and gotta love one touch on the windows and and sliding rear window. Fold flat seats, roof rack, 4x4 and rear diff lock.

Better gas mileage for the amount of HP. My dad's Tundra gets better MPG.

Great car, until...
By LGraves

1999 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV

I loved this car until yesterday the engine popped. I was amazed that a Toyota brand car's engine would blow at 140,000 miles. Apparently, 4Runner engines made between 1999-2001 (according to our Toyota dealership sources) made very bad engines that blew. Toyota didn't advertise this, so new car buyers had no idea. I now have a great car with no engine. I wish I would have known that their engines were bad during those years.

Leather seats, roomy, lumbar support, great for children and long trips.

Better gas mileage, Hybrid version, better engines.

1999 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4x4
By Logans99runnerltd

1999 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Excellent SUV, drives great handles great for a large SUV, The interior is great and the seats are super comfy. Great interior space and exterior design.

Rear back window and rear diff lock. Leather and a huge sunroof. It's a Toyota #1.

More fuel efficent engine. But it's a Toyota, there is nothing better out there.

I love my 4runner!
By Jess

1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV

I love my 4runner. It's fun to drive, is very reliable, has had minimal problems and overall has been the best car purchase I've ever made. Mine has almost 165K miles and still runs wonderfully. A great buy, I'd reccomend a 4runner to anyone!

Exterior looks, interior room, and the fact that it's EASY to handle.

I don't like the manual antenna. Mine has gone out and no longer goes up and down and makes an awful noise.