Used 1999 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

1999 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4x4
By Logans99runnerltd

1999 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Excellent SUV, drives great handles great for a large SUV, The interior is great and the seats are super comfy. Great interior space and exterior design.

Rear back window and rear diff lock. Leather and a huge sunroof. It's a Toyota #1.

More fuel efficent engine. But it's a Toyota, there is nothing better out there.

I love my 4runner!
By Jess

1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV

I love my 4runner. It's fun to drive, is very reliable, has had minimal problems and overall has been the best car purchase I've ever made. Mine has almost 165K miles and still runs wonderfully. A great buy, I'd reccomend a 4runner to anyone!

Exterior looks, interior room, and the fact that it's EASY to handle.

I don't like the manual antenna. Mine has gone out and no longer goes up and down and makes an awful noise.

160k and still going
By 4 runner

1999 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Great vehicle. I have driven 160k on 2 sets of tires, original battery and original timing belt.

Interior space could be a bit larger.

Loved it
By Wild_man

1999 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This is by far the best car I have ever owned.

very comfortable awesome off road

more power

4Runner 4work and 4play
By Roger

1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 4Runner used in '01. I had a field service job for the last 4 years that required I use my own vehicle, so I've spent a lot of time in it, in all kinds of weather. It now has 162,000 miles, and going strong. Outside of normal maintenance items, only failures I've had is the starter and Mass Air Flow sensor. The brakes didn't have to be replaced until 125,000 miles. I love the comfortable ride on the road and off. I've done some camping/fishing trips in Canada on some pretty rough roads, and it handled them with ease. I've heard that it's not uncommon for 4Runners to reach 250,000 without major overhauls, planning on keeping it as long as it keeps running.

Comfortable seats and ride, moonroof, 6 disc changer, heated mirrors,auto up/down windows, headlights turn off when door is opened, can't lock doors when keys are in ignition, consistently get 20 MPG which is pretty good for SUV, keyless remote opens rear window, Toyota reliablilty.

Rear seats difficult to fold down/up, rear heat for backseat passengers, but no rear AC, cigarette lighter ports only work when key is turned on, full time 4WD only available on Limited.