1999 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Fun to drive
By Trisha424 on 07/21/05 15:26 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV

This is the best car I have EVER owned. I love it. Its all around great car. Its extremely reliable & dependable. I just wish the rear seats had air conditioning instead of heat. I live in Arizona so air condition is more of a necessity.

The car, but not the dealer
By smin on 07/18/05 13:06 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV

I bought my 4Runner new in mid 1999. Love the car! It's sturdy construction gives a sense of security. PLENTY of power.

99 4Runner
By jerryhutcheson on 06/29/05 14:13 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Not one problem. Trouble free. Retrofitted K&N cold air intake. 20-21 MPG. A Pleasure to drive.

Love my 4Runner
By Darin38122 on 03/23/05 08:21 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I love it! There is plenty of room to throw my bike gear and head for the trails, or pack up my daughters luggage and head out on the road. I wish I had gotten the four-wheel drive though. When it snows or is icy (doesn't happen much in Memphis, but it does happen) it tends to get stuck. Very embarrassing. Had to take my fiance's front-wheel drive Buick Regal everywhere at Christmas. My only real complaint with the 4Runner is the gas mileage. I hope Toyota comes out with a Hybrid for the 4Runner.

Great Truck
By msi on 03/10/05 12:19 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I have driven this truck on and off road and have never had a problem. I love the body design and the fact that it is truly made to be on and off road unlike most other SUVs that are built only for road use. I couldn't be happier with this vehicle and plan on keeping it a very long time which says all there is to say about its reliability.

4-Runner
By Alison on 01/22/05 23:18 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV

This has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. It is extremely dependable. I have never had a mechanical problem in the 5+ years I've owned it. A little more room in the backseat would be nice. It's a little small for travel.

LOVE MY TOYOTA!!
By wildcat86 on 01/07/05 15:55 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my third Toyota and by far my favorite! I looked long and hard for this vechile and it has gone beyond my expectations. It has handled everything I have thrown its way.

Happy Story with a Certified Used car
By P D Fowlkes on 01/05/05 17:13 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

The 4Runner is an old design, so it's ride could be smoother, but it is very quiet and comfortable on the hiway. This is my first Toyota, and I now see why their sales are increasing so rapidly. We bought it as a Certified Used Car with 41K on it, we now have 56K, havent had a reason to take it back to the dealer.

Best SUV
By Trisha424 on 12/28/04 11:57 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV

I bought this toyota at the end of july of this year. Let me tell you that I am so glad I held out for a 4Runner. I love the ride. It fun to drive. I use to own a Pathfinder before buying this. This vehicle is a far superior vehicle to any other SUV out there. I love it. I would buy another one!

Spontaneous Combustion
By Houston, TX on 12/02/04 09:53 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car new and took great care of it. With 85K miles on it, an electrical fire started behind the dashboard (probably inside the instrument cluster) causing massive damage. All wiring was factory and no work had been done on the electrical system. Otherwise I really enjoyed the car until it caught fire on me.