1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Awesome truck!
By bl on 01/08/08 09:33 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV

Bought it used in 2004. It's already been 3 years/40000 miles - not a single problem so far. Ride may seem a little rough to some people, but it's a trade-off for a great off-road performance

I love my 4Runner
By Logan Wild on 10/02/07 08:31 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I have only owned my 4Runner for almost 6 months and have only driven it for 3 months but I love it so far. It's so comfy and has no blind spots and the leather seats are so comfortable.

Great car, until...
By LGraves on 08/14/07 10:42 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I loved this car until yesterday the engine popped. I was amazed that a Toyota brand car's engine would blow at 140,000 miles. Apparently, 4Runner engines made between 1999-2001 (according to our Toyota dealership sources) made very bad engines that blew. Toyota didn't advertise this, so new car buyers had no idea. I now have a great car with no engine. I wish I would have known that their engines were bad during those years.

1999 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4x4
By Logans99runnerltd on 07/02/07 19:18 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Excellent SUV, drives great handles great for a large SUV, The interior is great and the seats are super comfy. Great interior space and exterior design.

I love my 4runner!
By Jess on 03/29/07 07:51 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV

I love my 4runner. It's fun to drive, is very reliable, has had minimal problems and overall has been the best car purchase I've ever made. Mine has almost 165K miles and still runs wonderfully. A great buy, I'd reccomend a 4runner to anyone!

160k and still going
By 4 runner on 11/16/06 15:50 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Great vehicle. I have driven 160k on 2 sets of tires, original battery and original timing belt.

Loved it
By Wild_man on 09/20/06 19:03 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This is by far the best car I have ever owned.

4Runner 4work and 4play
By Roger on 08/15/06 07:13 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 4Runner used in '01. I had a field service job for the last 4 years that required I use my own vehicle, so I've spent a lot of time in it, in all kinds of weather. It now has 162,000 miles, and going strong. Outside of normal maintenance items, only failures I've had is the starter and Mass Air Flow sensor. The brakes didn't have to be replaced until 125,000 miles. I love the comfortable ride on the road and off. I've done some camping/fishing trips in Canada on some pretty rough roads, and it handled them with ease. I've heard that it's not uncommon for 4Runners to reach 250,000 without major overhauls, planning on keeping it as long as it keeps running.

Awesome
By JeffS on 08/08/06 18:53 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought the car in 04 to upgrade from my Tacoma (needed more room inside). Very happy with the car. No maintenance cost, goes anywhere, I've driven it through 2-3 feet of snow w/ no problems, just keeps going. Overall, I think it's a very good choice.

Rocks
By Eric on 05/08/06 15:57 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV

The ride is rough but that's the ONLY negative. GREAT car. Always works and is totally versatile.