1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Sleeper
By Dave on 02/01/06 18:09 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV 4dr SUV

This is my 4th Toyota and may prove to be the best vehicle I have ever, or will ever own. Make no mistake, this is a light truck chassis. It rides and handles like a box on frame pick up truck. I had to replace the starter motor right after the warranty ran out. Irritating, but that's the only problem the thing has ever had. A service at 78K miles indicated that the original brake pads and shoes were only 40% worn, and I drive hard. It would be a fine family hauler with its stock 180 or so horsepower as long as you don't mind the truck like ride. I added a TRD Supercharger and Exhaust System which has made a huge difference when entering the freeway.

1999 Toyota 4-Runner Std
By HarleyRider on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV 4dr SUV

I leased this suv new in '99 and wound up buying it. Got stuck with Toyota's wonderful 5yr lease and racked up the miles. Anyway, its been a great truck. All I've really done is keep up on regular schedualed maintenance. The design is nice. The power rear window is great for dogs. It handles a lot better with larger tires then the stock 225/70's it came with. It runs great and I still get compliments about its design and looks. It's an excellent in- town vehicle.

Great Car
By Marianne on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV 4dr SUV

The car is reliable, sturdy and uses regular gasoline. Easy to handle.

Looks and Reliability
By tekparasite on 05/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV 4dr SUV

I bought my 99’ 4Runner for two reasons: 1) Looks and Reliability. I bought it with 160 miles from a dealership. 115,000 miles later, I am not disappointed. All the maintenance I have done to this truck is change the oil (every 7K miles). I haven’t had ANY problems with it. This truck was build to last. Engine is solid with respect to reliability.

00 4 runner
By ikw on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV 4dr SUV

Strong reliable truck. It is built to last.

IT'S GREAT!
By JENNIFER on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

WONDERFEUL TRUCK! I WOULD BY IT

The 4Runner is the Stallion of SUV's
By R. E, MASSA on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota 4Runner SUV 4dr SUV

The 4Runner is have is a 4 cylinder inline 150HP engine. It run well but I wish it would be a V6. Fuel economy is not excellent, not far from what the V6 will do, with a lot less power. Quality wise is superb, It bounces a lot in the city driving, but is very comfortable and smooth in the highway. It's a good deal for the money and extremely reliable.