Nearly Perfect
By Elroy on
1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD
I've had my 4Runner for years and love it!! Well, except for that it's a bit rough in the ride... go across a speed bump at a bit of an angle and it throws you side to side. It could be smoother on the highway, for it picks up the road texture incredibly well. I mean, I like road feel in the steering wheel, but not feel like I'm right against it. I'm at a point where I'm ready to buy something else, but in looking at all the reviews, all the versatility, and all my options, the 4Runner is VERY, VERY hard to beat. It's been amazingly reliable, it's exceptionally capable off-road, and the features are excellent (except for the placement of the cup holders, as others have mentioned).
Favorite Features
Stylish, rugged looks, extremely reliable, strong engine, civil disposition, rear window rolls down, and a total solid performer in nearly every catagory... solid, but not perfect.
Suggested Improvements
This is a tough one. It's an off-road performer, and that means a certain level of stiffness and ruggedness. It could be more smooth on highway, but it is very smooth considering it's off- road capabilities. They hit a home run with this vehicle, it's just not out of the park ;-p~