My 1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5
By Bandit13 on
1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV
I've had this SUV since new. The only thing needing replacement was the Antenna Mast. (TWICE} I just can't imagine with all the quality of this vehicle, the the Antenna Mast is a piece of junk. I know I'm not alone, because I belong to a few Toyota 4Runner SR5 sites and almost every person has had at least one or more Antenna Mast replacements. For a 6 cyl. engine it has great power. And comfortable ride. But for a 6 cyl. the MPG. is terrible. 15MPG City 23MPG Hwy. I've never towed anything with this SUV. I'm sure it would hold up to the task. Every 3 years I have the Transmission Fluid Drained and Filled thru the Coolant lines in and out of the radiator. I live in very hot climate.
Favorite Features
Sits high, offering great visibility. Brakes very well. Seats are comfortable. Nice head room. Love the lowering rear window. And sliding Sun Roof.
Suggested Improvements
Find a reasonable place to put the CUP HOLDERS. Not on top of the CD-Stereo and A/C Controls. I've never used the cup holder because of the DRIP factor on my electronics. And find a way to get better gas mileage. I use K&N Air Filters in all my cars, and my Harley comes stock with a K&N Air Filter.