Most favorite vehicle I have had-14 years and counting.
By 4runney98 on
1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV
I bought this 4runner new and just hated the 33K plus change sticker but have never regretted the purchase. It has around 114K miles and is just as tight as it was the day I bought it. It is easy to drive and I think the perfect size and does everything well. I can tow, take a trip, or buzz around town comfortably. It just feels like it will run for ever. I considered a new 4runner 2010 or newer but after reading the reviews on Edmunds have decided to keep what I've got. Newer models do not have the quality of other generations. If you can find one of these in good condition-buy it.
Favorite Features
The comfort of the vehicle and I love the sunroof and being able to drop the rear window for plenty of air on warm days. Also has a great air conditioner. I like being able to see ahead from sitting up high. Is unstoppable in snow and bad weather.
Suggested Improvements
Can be annoying on interstates when there is a crosswind. I would like to run regular fuel but the valves ping if I do not run premium. Manual says minimum 91 octane for V6.