Best SUV on the Road, Hands Down !!!
By Theroses on
1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD
I bought the SUV after running from a hurricane in NC with my Oldsmoble D88 and the olds died in the middle of 4 lanes of trafic 20miles long. I called a close friend and he said I could use his old 4Runner to get out of town and we did, safely at that. After this life altering event passed and we got home safely I went to a local dealership to look at Toyotas. I bought this 4Runner with 30K, now it has 175K and runs as great as day 1. This SUV has been on beach where other can't go and now I live in upstate NY so its tackled its share of major snow storms with ease. I love it! Now my son drives an 89 toyota pickup, my daughter a 96 Corolla and my wife a 02 Avalon, Im sold on Toyota!
Favorite Features
Toyota quality, form, fit and function! The 6 cylinder is as powerful as I could ever want. I towed my son's Toyota 89 pick-up 600 miles from NC to NY when I bought it and hardly noticed I was pulling anything. The over quality inside and out sets this SUV well out in front of the rest of the pact.
Suggested Improvements
The front seat cup holder location as you read in other reviews is not ideal. Gas mileage is not as good as I'd like but compared to comparable SUVs it's pretty good at around 20-23 mpg.