1998 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Worth it
By KEC on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I've owned several SUVs and this 4Runner is defenitly the best I had. Strongly recomend it.

This one's a keeper
By mshw777 on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota 4Runner 4dr SUV

After 5 years of ownership, I wouldn't trade this 98' 4Runner for anything. The 150hp 4-cylinder performs pretty well; my 4Runner is equipped with the automatic transmission. The power option package I got is nice. The dependability and consistency in reliability amazes me! I've purchased two other 2nd vehicles since then, but refused to trade my 4Runner in for those other vechicles. Overall, I love this truck.

Richard's 4Runner
By richardvann on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

The 4Runner is a fun to drive SUV. I like the truck-like durability and ruggedness. I wish they had kept the redesigned (2003 model year) 4Runner a little more true to its roots...looks like a soccer mom car now.

Solid Vehicle
By olzama13 on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

Good solid vehicle 4wd is outstanding. I put a perfomance air intake in it and the fuel economy is awesome now and the vehicle have more pick up and go.

4RUNNER LIMITED
By joey on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV

Excellent vehicle.Would highly recomend it.

Good value
By mdd on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I leased this truck for 5 years and had a relatively positive experience. I had one major accident and the front of the truck was completely destroyed but I remained unharmed. The antilock brakes seemed a bit sensitive and would kick in under the most unexpected conditions. Aside from a couple of expensive brake jobs trying to correct the problem I only had to change the oil and go.

loved it now time to trade
By 4runnerlover on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

fire engine red, sr5, w/manual trans. love this vehicle. time to trade up to a 2003 ltd 4wd. Can't say enough about toyota vehicles this is our 7th in 22yrs

Excellent Choice
By dkolstedt on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

Very reliable and handles well in snow and ice. 4WD immediately available when needed. 63000 miles and no repairs so far.

Great Solid SUV
By Repblcnjew on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV

I have never had a problem with car and it is a breeze to drive. It's responsive and desipte looking diminished as other makers upgraded engines the 183HP and 217lb/ft are more than enough. Taking a stock Mustang off the line is all in a day's work. Mechanically 4Runner is a dream. My complaint is back seat comfort.

near perfect
By webby on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

flawless quality. 61K miles and still perfect without any problems. the best quality of any vehicle I have owned. Negatives are :it is small, bouncy ride on highway trips, radio not what one would expect from toyota on a 35K vehicle.but those things are insignificant compared to the quality benefit. will only sell because we will need a bigger hauler.