Worst 4X4 Ever!
By Toyota - NOT! on
1997 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD
This thing is awful. Your feet stick straight out in front of you, putting your legs to sleep in the front seat, your knees are in your nose in the rear seat. It's a gutless wonder, with no power. In the shop all the time for piddlin' little things like wrinkling rubber on the running boards, peeling paint, sticking sunroof, you know Toyota stuff. And the parts are outrageous! A new ignition tumbler cost me $120 bucks! It's like driving a two story house down the highway - tippy around corners. It's a wonder my wife hasn't rolled it. It's a pig in the woods - no diff locks=stuck lots. And be careful if you take it off road, it's fragile. I'm going with a Suburban next.
Favorite Features
It's got a couple of stripes. Seriously, my wife likes it, so I don't have to drive it. It is really fragile for a 4X4, though.
Suggested Improvements
Boy, where to start? Better fuel mileage. Reduced body roll. Better plastics inside. Better paint. More corrosion protection. More power. Better seating position. Stronger interior and exterior components.