The best mid-size SUV!!
By Paul on
1997 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD
I purchased my 4-Runner in July of 2003 in Houston with 53,000 miles on the odometer...it's now February of 2006 and it has 72,000 miles. I drove it home the same weekend I purchased it to Las Vegas. As you know, it gets blistering hot here in the desert and I'm proud to say that the vehicle does great here in Vegas. I try to park it in the garage, but with my FJ40 project going on in there it spends half the time in the driveway. The paint has faded just a bit but I wax it and it still looks great. One of the first things I did was get the windows tinted as dark as possible. It gets over 180 degrees inside but the interior's holding up great..there's one small tear in drivers seat crease
Favorite Features
The reliability...it always starts up and gets you to the top! A couple weeks ago went up some foothills outside of Vegas. There was some loose rock and shale up there, I put it in 4X and I was pleasantly suprised by the performance of the truck.
Suggested Improvements
MORE POWER..Better gas milage :) Slightly larger fuel tank..I wish the clock didn't flicker..Better rear window wiper..Better carpet in back cargo area.