1997 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: A Great Buy

1997 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Review

A Great Buy
By 4RunnerEcstasy on

1997 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this 4Runner on eBay. I then flew to California to pick it up and drove it back to Chicago! At the time of purchase it had 242400(!) miles but the truck drove well and it had no problem crossing the continent at the average speed of 75 mph. The one-touch 4WD is very neat but haven't got chance to test its limit. Can't wait for the Chicago snow. The engine at below 70 mph is very quiet and strong. But the wind noise is very interfering. CD down, sun roof does not open, but antenna goes up and down. A/C cold. 3 weeks, so far as good! Wait for my follow-up reviews every year! I am going to test out how many miles can my 4Runner really go before it collapses.

Acceleration, it's perhaps not like a sports car but the heavy speed-gaining feeling is so good! 4WD. Great looks. Get 20 mpg highway. Spacious interior. I can put three huge bookshelves in the trunk. My truck has NO rust. It has some interior rattle, not big deal.

City mpg is 14-17 depending on how many stop signs you meet. The gas gauge literally moves down F-E with the turning of the wheels.