1997 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
1997 Toyota 4 Runner
By T-H on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

The Toyota 4 Runner is the best vehicle that I have ever owned and I am Quite certain that I will never own anything different.

4runner
By delius on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

In 75,000 mi have only had to buy tires and do the 60,000 mi maintenance(timing belt, plugs, etc.). Otherwise noservice was needed except the oil & filter changes. Have some problems with the trailer lighting hook up module and have had it replaced three times.

This car is the real deal
By danyimbo on 09/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I owned this car before. You will not be dissapointed. By far the best feature is a trunk window that goes all the way down automatically. I now own a '02 Lexus RX300, but nothing will ever beat the feeling and joy I had driving the '97 Runner..

Awesome SUV
By woolman on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

Excellent SUV for the great outdoors

Great truck
By Rossbo on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV

Just bought this truck a week ago and I love it. Was considering a 2002 Xterra, but the fact that the rear window goes down had me sold. Limited is great, love the factory chromes.

The best what can I say
By mishdoob on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I had a Dodge before this. It had nothing but problems. I have had none with the vehicle.

4 Runner w/ 86K Rocks
By lowcountrypcnerd on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this in with 36k miles on it. It has been outstanding. The only $$ spent outside regular service has been for shocks/struts. Driven from Charleston, SC to Cape Cod and back twice! Comfortable trip going and coming. Load up the dogs, the kayaks, the bikes and oh yeah, the wife, and hit the road!

My 2nd 4-Runner since 1990
By Romer Maiel on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV

As long as the 4-Runner sold in the states is made in Japan, I will buy it.

1997 90K Miles!
By Rup on 05/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this SUV used with 88K miles on it and I just love it. Was considering a Land Rover Freelander but feel everything about this is superior. This is my first ypyota and the fit and finish, even of this used SUV is incredible. I love the height and ride perfo

Awesome vehicle!!
By bigquadsto on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Had this car for about 5 years now and no problems with the car at all. It's at 94K miles and still runs like new.