1996 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: Cockroach of Cars

1996 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Review

SR5 4dr SUV (3.4L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual)

Cockroach of Cars
By Deidre on

1996 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

This car will just not die, now will it! I'm the original owner and must admit that I've not been the best at regular maintenance. Even so, it keeps crawling along with performance like it was brand new (@ 135K miles). Had it in the shop only 2x since I've owned it and those were probably issues due to my own neglect. I'm reluctant to trade up because I just don't want to be disappointed! If I do, I most certainly will have another Toyota product. Can't beat 'em!

Reliability, tightness and durability. Not a lot of widgets and buttons to impress, but who needs 'em when it really is just more things that might break!

Can you say 'cup holder stinks'? The antenna is most embarrassing. It roars about 20 times trying to lift and depress. Like I said earlier, I'm not the best with maintenance. So, I take the embarrassment with pride, knowing the engine will be going for another 135K miles! Little roaring never hurt!