1995 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: Very disappointed

1995 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Review

Very disappointed
By Max on

1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this vehicle with 126K miles on it. It now has 130K and is sitting in the shop with a $3,700 transmission bill. I had very high hopes when I bought it and was hoping to keep it for years to come. Unfortunately, the failure of the transmission took me by surprise. I am very surprised it wore down after only 130K miles. I really do love the truck, unfortunately someone before me did not take care of the transmission and now I'm stuck with the bill. I guess its off to Craigslist to see who wants a mechanic's special.

Great off-road capability, even before shifting into 4x4, great interior quality and lack of wear for the age. Very sturdy, very roomy cargo area, high ride height, nice exhaust sound and good looks.

Improve mechanical quality, especially the transmission. I've also heard many issues with the head gasket on the V6 (never personally had any problems). Way too much rust for a 15 year old rig. Extremely weak (uphill with the AC is an issue). Horrific gas mileage. Flimsy factory sound system.