Super Satisfied
By ogvaz on
1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD
This vehicle has been one reliable SUV. I own a 2004 MDX, and it is not as reliable. I changed the front brakes for the first time at 100K miles, and the rear at 160K miles. It now has 180k miles and ready for another timing belt. No major issues with this truck except that I changed the radiator 3 years after I noticed some pinhole leaks in the top reservoir. I only did this because I was concerned about 4 wheeling in the hot desert. This work was also done at 160K miles when the factory hoses were changed out for the first time. I took it out 4 wheeling last December in the Anzo Borrego desert over boulders and steep inclines, and it still performs like a champ.
Favorite Features
Awesome reliability. Great off-road capability even without the locking rear differential. It can take a beating and still keep on going. The interior is pretty forgiving and still looks good after 12 years. If you do the PMs, this truck will be hard to kill.
Suggested Improvements
It does need a little more power, but in the granny gears, it's a tractor and will pull just about any other vehicle out of a rut. A locking differential would be great for extremely rugged terrain.