Love it!
By vorgps on
1995 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD
Bought this used with 76,000 and it has been a terrific vehicle to own. Now has 110,000 and only minor easily correctable problems. Had to replace radio antenna, inside rear window switch, had a really weird quirk with the brakes when we first bought it. The front driver's side (and possibly the rear driver's side) were grabbing and locking up causing the vehicle to pull rough to the left. Checked out by 2 toyota mechanics. Stumped them. Replaced both front pads and it was the same for about 1 week then it just stopped pulling and hasn't done it since. Latest is the rear window brackets, all rusted out. Have not had any problems with head gasket blowing as others have.
Favorite Features
Off road ability - I use it for hunting and star gazing in the high peaks of the Colorado Rockies near Leadville CO., never lets me down, reliability, absolutely love the LOOKS of this 4Runner! Awesome on the snow and ice. I left the vehicle as is except for offroad tires and I go places others can't.
Suggested Improvements
Fuel mileage - but then again I don't use it as an every day driver. It is underpowered on the street but not in the mountains. Somewhat small interior, but only for someone above 6'3".