1995 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: A Great truck, too bad its gon

1995 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Review

SR5 V6 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual)

A Great truck, too bad its gone
By Big Mar on

1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I loved my 4Runner. Dependable, fun to drive, offroad capabilities like a champ. Bought it with 150000 miles and it was still running like a champ when a Dodge minivan ran a red light and smashed me. Totaled it but I was very impressed with how it took the hit. Some minor problems like a power steering fluid leak and the seal between the transmission and the transfer case was leaking tranny dope but not enough to ever run out or fill it back up. Also burned oil at somewhat of a rapid rate, about a quart every 2-3 weeks but other than that it was cherry. Anybody who says its underpowered probably has never taken it seriously offroading, its just geared low. Hope I'm lucky to find another one

Favorite Features

Aggressive stance. Good interior with plenty of room I thought. Good high up ride and good visibility. Very sturdy. Enough space for large tires with no need for a lift.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage of course but lets be serious, nobody buys an suv for the gas mileage, leave that to the hybrids and lets go offroad. Cup holders too but if people didn't buy supersize drinks it would be alright.