1995 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
TAS
By TAS on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

Like all eraly 4Runners, it's underpowered, but other than that... kudo's to Toyota.

135K and going
By B4Runner on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

135k miles and going strong. I take this off road also and had only the usual maintenance issues, breaks, rods, etc. Low $ cost compared to my other SUV. I’d recommend to any one and have. They have bought’em and loved’em.

4Runner Anal;ysis
By don koch on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Superior Reliability with unmatched 4 wheel drive performance and reliability.

Solid design
By mrscot on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a durable vehicle with plenty of interior space for the average user. It has the famous Toyota reliability, but unfortunately not the efficiency Toyota is also known for. I average 16 mpg, but with a tailwind you can get 20 mpg on the highway. Power is adequate with the V6/5spd, but I would be concerned about any other engine/transmission combination for this vehicle. I purchased it with 93,000 miles and have put another 30,000 on it and the only problem I have had is with the power tailgate window.

This is a tank
By Luka on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this 4 Runner wreaked in the front left end and rebuilt it. It took a lick and fixed up real good. Solid car. Not a tire spinner, but good all round reliability. Nothing more than general maintenance on the car with no repercussions of the previous wreak. Change the oil and go.

Gasket Problem...
By 4Runer on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

Good car but not much power. Head gasket is the biggest problem on this car. Cost me too much money to keep it.

Wish engine were bigger
By Downser/Downeski on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought the vehicle with 35,000 miles. It is very reliable. The only problem is the engine is too small and that is only a problem for us when we were in Colorado. The car performed but was slow. I'd buy it again.

1995 Toyota 4Runner
By timsspam on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I love this vehicle. This is the 2nd 4Runner I have owned and would consider buying another one. My only complaint is the mileage or the lack there of, 12 to 17 depending on various unknowns. But I like the reliability and comfort.

Great Value
By Hocakes on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

The best thing about this SUV is that it combines the best aspects of a sedan and a truck. Quiet ride. Stylish exterior. But also rugged, and very reliable. Zero mechanical problems.

1995 SR5 V6 2WD
By daltam69 on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

Very solid truck with no creaks or rattles at almost 80,000 miles. I love everything about this truck except the fuel economy...I expected anywhere from 16 to 20 miles per gallon (city/hwy) but am only getting 13-14 no matter what type of driving. Hopefully a good tuneup will help, but in any case the truck runs great and has a fairly civilized ride for a tough truck. I'd buy a new 4Runner in the future...if they weren't so expensive, but this one was worth the money used.