Used 1995 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

1995 4runner
By Jesse Zetterholm

1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

I love the vehicle it could only use minor improvements. The negatives first, the cup holders are in the way of the air controls and at times can be very frustrating. I would of liked for Toyota to have given a V6 suv more power. It feels very weak under 2500 rpms. Now for the positive features. The paint has held up very well for a vehicle over 13 years old and still looks new. I average close to 18 mpg and have got up to 21 mpg on a tank of gas before. the handling and suspension are impressive for a SUV period. I think Toyota really out did themselves on this vehicle and it's still impressive in today's highly competitive SUV and truck market!

4Runner & Tacoma are amazing!
By Stealth

1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

Really good on highway, off road simply the best. Was my first truck. I just bought a Explorer but I use always my Toyota. I think I will sell the Explorer. This truck is really beautiful, dependable, strong, gas economic even though it's a truck, when driving in highway and city also. I am still in love with this beautiful truck.

High, Off Road, beautiful design, strong. Is a 1995 model, and after 13 years looks much better than other brands even 2000 or closer.

Nothing, I think

Super Satisfied
By ogvaz

1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle has been one reliable SUV. I own a 2004 MDX, and it is not as reliable. I changed the front brakes for the first time at 100K miles, and the rear at 160K miles. It now has 180k miles and ready for another timing belt. No major issues with this truck except that I changed the radiator 3 years after I noticed some pinhole leaks in the top reservoir. I only did this because I was concerned about 4 wheeling in the hot desert. This work was also done at 160K miles when the factory hoses were changed out for the first time. I took it out 4 wheeling last December in the Anzo Borrego desert over boulders and steep inclines, and it still performs like a champ.

Awesome reliability. Great off-road capability even without the locking rear differential. It can take a beating and still keep on going. The interior is pretty forgiving and still looks good after 12 years. If you do the PMs, this truck will be hard to kill.

It does need a little more power, but in the granny gears, it's a tractor and will pull just about any other vehicle out of a rut. A locking differential would be great for extremely rugged terrain.

Love it!
By vorgps

1995 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this used with 76,000 and it has been a terrific vehicle to own. Now has 110,000 and only minor easily correctable problems. Had to replace radio antenna, inside rear window switch, had a really weird quirk with the brakes when we first bought it. The front driver's side (and possibly the rear driver's side) were grabbing and locking up causing the vehicle to pull rough to the left. Checked out by 2 toyota mechanics. Stumped them. Replaced both front pads and it was the same for about 1 week then it just stopped pulling and hasn't done it since. Latest is the rear window brackets, all rusted out. Have not had any problems with head gasket blowing as others have.

Off road ability - I use it for hunting and star gazing in the high peaks of the Colorado Rockies near Leadville CO., never lets me down, reliability, absolutely love the LOOKS of this 4Runner! Awesome on the snow and ice. I left the vehicle as is except for offroad tires and I go places others can't.

Fuel mileage - but then again I don't use it as an every day driver. It is underpowered on the street but not in the mountains. Somewhat small interior, but only for someone above 6'3".

Most dependable vehicle I ever owned!!!
By jolene putnam

1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this truck with 32k on it, it now has 90k and runs amazing. I have towed far more than i should have and it still runs great. Only routine maintenance has been needed. This truck has been a blast in the snow, I have not had any problems going anywhere, even in 2 wheel drive I was passing trucks struggling in 4 wheel drive. I am planning on buying a newer model. All in all a great vehicle. I have never doubted it.

Dependability, roll down back window, height is just right.

Improve gas mileage, cup holders are in a stupid position--it blocks the heater/ac controls, i don't care for fold down tailgate, newer models have better rear liftgate.