Used 1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 SUV Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Not for speed demons.
By SBraniff

1995 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 V6 4dr SUV

My 4runner is great. It handles well, has comfortable seating. Its pretty good offroad, but thats not where it usually is.

For day to day driving, it sucks gas and has horrible power. It handles great on the highway, assuming you do not have hills or anything to pass. A bigger engine is needed, but then again this car has been redesigned with that in mind. No way in hell should I get a 15 combined city/highway in a v6 with such dismal performance. At low speeds though, it works pretty good. If I had know that I might have chose a Bronco of the same year and had the same MPGs with more power.

Its comfortable, and while not spacious, its not too cramped to me at 6'3. Same with friends too in the back, and there is space for cargo. Heaven forbid I pull a trailer though, I might get rear ended by a lady with a walker while getting on the highway.

Outside of the poor power and MPGs, its a pretty good little SUV.

Love the 'Runner
By echoman2

1995 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 V6 4dr SUV

I just my '95 4Runner this year, and I love it. I got it with 100,000 miles on it and I've put about 10,000 in it. I get around 14 mpg in the city, and 20 on highway driving. Doesn't have amazing power on the highway, but goes off-road like a champ. I gotten through some pretty crazy stuff, and it's still all stock. Handles the snow like a boss. The rear springs were sagging a litle when I got it, but some new coils and she rides just like new! Has on not started once, and that was when the battery fried on me. But shes got a new battery now, and starts up every time. I love this truck and plan to keep it for a long time.

My trusty 4Runner
By janakins42

1995 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 V6 4dr SUV

My Tacoma saved my life during a collision that totalled her. I was so depressed. I knew the only thing I could do was get another Toyota. When I got my 4Runner she was a real lemon. She had an overheating issue that I didn't discover until I took a small road trip. After I replaced the radiator and thermostat and maintainenced fluids and whatnot...she was the most dependable car I could ever ask for. The funny thing is...they made 2WD 4Runners! And I bought one! Didn't know until servicing her at Jiffy Lube. They were baffled too. She has 168k miles and still runs strong. The gas mileage sucks tho. I have to sell my baby because of it. I will be sad to see her go.

Confortable drive. Handles well. Heater heats up quickly :) Lots of room. Tows wonderfully. Wonderful for in town driving.

Make sure you call up the dealer and run your vin to see if your car was serviced for the recalled head gasket. If not, get it replaced! Other than that, after 2 years of ownership, I haven't had any other problems besides the radiator.

The most reliable
By dan721

1995 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 V6 4dr SUV

I bought this vehicle in 1995 new from the dealership. The only problems I had was the
water pump and front shocks, other than that
no problems at all. It has 78,000 miles and runs like new.
I highly recommend it to any one who is looking for a reliable car.
On gas takes 16 miles/gallon and not very powerful up hill. Save money on maintenance.
Love it and plan to keep it.

I love my gutless wonder!!
By blaisex22

1995 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 V6 4dr SUV

I bought my 4Runner from a pawn shop 6 years ago at 135,000 miles. It gets crappy mileage and wont get out of its own way on the highway but for around town and off-road its awesome.
Im now at 210,000 and have had only the head gasket issue. I did the head gasket myself and now Im off and running again.