Used 1995 Toyota 4Runner Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Everything Works!!
By skidds327

1995 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this 4Runner last week for 1800. Surprised that everything works except the rear defroster. The Limited is a joy to drive. Gas mileage is at 17city. I have a hard time getting in the driver seat under the steering wheel. I believe in Toyota quality, this one has over 175k and runs great. I have an Avalon with 198k. Don't like the design of access to rear tailgate thru the window. I would buy a 4Runner again.

Look!

Driver seat and steering wheel

Love it!
By vorgps

1995 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this used with 76,000 and it has been a terrific vehicle to own. Now has 110,000 and only minor easily correctable problems. Had to replace radio antenna, inside rear window switch, had a really weird quirk with the brakes when we first bought it. The front driver's side (and possibly the rear driver's side) were grabbing and locking up causing the vehicle to pull rough to the left. Checked out by 2 toyota mechanics. Stumped them. Replaced both front pads and it was the same for about 1 week then it just stopped pulling and hasn't done it since. Latest is the rear window brackets, all rusted out. Have not had any problems with head gasket blowing as others have.

Off road ability - I use it for hunting and star gazing in the high peaks of the Colorado Rockies near Leadville CO., never lets me down, reliability, absolutely love the LOOKS of this 4Runner! Awesome on the snow and ice. I left the vehicle as is except for offroad tires and I go places others can't.

Fuel mileage - but then again I don't use it as an every day driver. It is underpowered on the street but not in the mountains. Somewhat small interior, but only for someone above 6'3".

TRunner at YotaTech.com
By TRunner

1995 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I have been more then impressed with the capabilities of this vehicle. The only downsides is it is a bit underpowered, but it has never held me up on or off road and the sagging rear end which was fixed by some Downey HD springs. The interior is tuff. The exterior is tuff. The engine keeps on a trucking and has been very trouble free. I plan on keeping this vehicle a very long time.

Stock ability to drive through anything! With the added springs and Bilstein shocks it is the best handleing SUV for on/off road driving I have ever experienced. Smooth car like handleing on road. No blind spots. Last but definately not least, durrability of the overall vehicle.

After you drive the engine into the ground (which will take a looooong time) swap it out with the newer 3.4L supercharged block they offer in the newer Tacomas and 4Runners. It is an easy replacement. Also get the Bilsteain shocks and Downey HD coil springs to lift the rear end.

Cajun Toy 4x4 Limted
By Cajunsportsman

1995 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought truck with 127245 miles on it. so for good riding all over cental Louisiana an Southern Louisiana. Truck seem to be a good riding one so far everthing still works fine on it. Could use more power under hood V6 3.0 not enought

Leather seats,Cold a/c, Quite ride for 1995 all electric Power and Still Running Strong

Cup holer an needs more power but still a fair ride

Great Vehicle
By ctl

1995 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought this car used in '98 and have put on many miles. We love it! Never had any major problems, very reliable.

The look, the reliability, the rear electric window is great for transporting lumbar or just getting fresh air.

Location of the cupholders, now improved in the newer models.