1995 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Love the 'Runner
By echoman2 on 01/26/13 11:55 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

I just my '95 4Runner this year, and I love it. I got it with 100,000 miles on it and I've put about 10,000 in it. I get around 14 mpg in the city, and 20 on highway driving. Doesn't have amazing power on the highway, but goes off-road like a champ. I gotten through some pretty crazy stuff, and it's still all stock. Handles the snow like a boss. The rear springs were sagging a litle when I got it, but some new coils and she rides just like new! Has on not started once, and that was when the battery fried on me. But shes got a new battery now, and starts up every time. I love this truck and plan to keep it for a long time.

My trusty 4Runner
By janakins42 on 11/02/11 22:17 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

My Tacoma saved my life during a collision that totalled her. I was so depressed. I knew the only thing I could do was get another Toyota. When I got my 4Runner she was a real lemon. She had an overheating issue that I didn't discover until I took a small road trip. After I replaced the radiator and thermostat and maintainenced fluids and whatnot...she was the most dependable car I could ever ask for. The funny thing is...they made 2WD 4Runners! And I bought one! Didn't know until servicing her at Jiffy Lube. They were baffled too. She has 168k miles and still runs strong. The gas mileage sucks tho. I have to sell my baby because of it. I will be sad to see her go.

The most reliable
By dan721 on 10/09/11 02:08 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

I bought this vehicle in 1995 new from the dealership. The only problems I had was the water pump and front shocks, other than that no problems at all. It has 78,000 miles and runs like new. I highly recommend it to any one who is looking for a reliable car. On gas takes 16 miles/gallon and not very powerful up hill. Save money on maintenance. Love it and plan to keep it.

I love my gutless wonder!!
By blaisex22 on 03/31/11 13:20 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

I bought my 4Runner from a pawn shop 6 years ago at 135,000 miles. It gets crappy mileage and wont get out of its own way on the highway but for around town and off-road its awesome. Im now at 210,000 and have had only the head gasket issue. I did the head gasket myself and now Im off and running again.

Head gasket problems
By sam on 07/02/10 13:03 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

I bought my 4runner with about 56,000 miles on it.at 75,000 mile it blew a head gasket. at 150,000 miles it has blown a head gasket again. It was recalled for head gasket problems about 5 years ago.I am trying to get Toyota to fix it again.If there was a recall the first time then ,was it something they could fix or was it something they just patched up.I have had just one car in my life time that blew a head gasket once but this truck has don it 2 times. I am wondering if this problem is just something that is going to stay with this truck or what ?

1995 4runner
By Jesse Zetterholm on 09/02/08 14:31 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

I love the vehicle it could only use minor improvements. The negatives first, the cup holders are in the way of the air controls and at times can be very frustrating. I would of liked for Toyota to have given a V6 suv more power. It feels very weak under 2500 rpms. Now for the positive features. The paint has held up very well for a vehicle over 13 years old and still looks new. I average close to 18 mpg and have got up to 21 mpg on a tank of gas before. the handling and suspension are impressive for a SUV period. I think Toyota really out did themselves on this vehicle and it's still impressive in today's highly competitive SUV and truck market!

4Runner & Tacoma are amazing!
By Stealth on 03/27/08 12:30 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

Really good on highway, off road simply the best. Was my first truck. I just bought a Explorer but I use always my Toyota. I think I will sell the Explorer. This truck is really beautiful, dependable, strong, gas economic even though it's a truck, when driving in highway and city also. I am still in love with this beautiful truck.

my4runner
By Robert Hohlt on 01/27/05 15:22 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

Bought mine second hand at CarMax. Love its all around usefulness plus the confidence that the wife and kids are safe driving it. Have had brakes, many batteries, starter, belts and hoses, wipers and tires replaced since bought.

Tail Gate
By pshartrand on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

It's not the fastest vehicle you'll ever drive but it may well be one of the best. I'm ready to turn 100,000 and it still drives like a new vehicle. Its done alot of hauling and still has the original shocks and suspension. I had a problem with the air conditioner at 80,000 but the extended warranty took care of it 100%. Other than oil changes at 5,000, belt replacements, brakes, and one tune-up, this vehicle has cost me nothing.

1995 SR5 V6 2WD
By daltam69 on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

Very solid truck with no creaks or rattles at almost 80,000 miles. I love everything about this truck except the fuel economy...I expected anywhere from 16 to 20 miles per gallon (city/hwy) but am only getting 13-14 no matter what type of driving. Hopefully a good tuneup will help, but in any case the truck runs great and has a fairly civilized ride for a tough truck. I'd buy a new 4Runner in the future...if they weren't so expensive, but this one was worth the money used.