1995 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Everything Works!!
By skidds327 on 03/06/11 07:48 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this 4Runner last week for 1800. Surprised that everything works except the rear defroster. The Limited is a joy to drive. Gas mileage is at 17city. I have a hard time getting in the driver seat under the steering wheel. I believe in Toyota quality, this one has over 175k and runs great. I have an Avalon with 198k. Don't like the design of access to rear tailgate thru the window. I would buy a 4Runner again.

Love it!
By vorgps on 01/01/07 17:51 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this used with 76,000 and it has been a terrific vehicle to own. Now has 110,000 and only minor easily correctable problems. Had to replace radio antenna, inside rear window switch, had a really weird quirk with the brakes when we first bought it. The front driver's side (and possibly the rear driver's side) were grabbing and locking up causing the vehicle to pull rough to the left. Checked out by 2 toyota mechanics. Stumped them. Replaced both front pads and it was the same for about 1 week then it just stopped pulling and hasn't done it since. Latest is the rear window brackets, all rusted out. Have not had any problems with head gasket blowing as others have.

TRunner at YotaTech.com
By TRunner on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I have been more then impressed with the capabilities of this vehicle. The only downsides is it is a bit underpowered, but it has never held me up on or off road and the sagging rear end which was fixed by some Downey HD springs. The interior is tuff. The exterior is tuff. The engine keeps on a trucking and has been very trouble free. I plan on keeping this vehicle a very long time.

Cajun Toy 4x4 Limted
By Cajunsportsman on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought truck with 127245 miles on it. so for good riding all over cental Louisiana an Southern Louisiana. Truck seem to be a good riding one so far everthing still works fine on it. Could use more power under hood V6 3.0 not enought

Great Vehicle
By ctl on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought this car used in '98 and have put on many miles. We love it! Never had any major problems, very reliable.

4Runner Anal;ysis
By don koch on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Superior Reliability with unmatched 4 wheel drive performance and reliability.

Solid design
By mrscot on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a durable vehicle with plenty of interior space for the average user. It has the famous Toyota reliability, but unfortunately not the efficiency Toyota is also known for. I average 16 mpg, but with a tailwind you can get 20 mpg on the highway. Power is adequate with the V6/5spd, but I would be concerned about any other engine/transmission combination for this vehicle. I purchased it with 93,000 miles and have put another 30,000 on it and the only problem I have had is with the power tailgate window.

This is a tank
By Luka on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this 4 Runner wreaked in the front left end and rebuilt it. It took a lick and fixed up real good. Solid car. Not a tire spinner, but good all round reliability. Nothing more than general maintenance on the car with no repercussions of the previous wreak. Change the oil and go.

Wish engine were bigger
By Downser/Downeski on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought the vehicle with 35,000 miles. It is very reliable. The only problem is the engine is too small and that is only a problem for us when we were in Colorado. The car performed but was slow. I'd buy it again.