1995 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Most dependable vehicle I ever owned!!!
By jolene putnam on 02/20/06 22:12 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this truck with 32k on it, it now has 90k and runs amazing. I have towed far more than i should have and it still runs great. Only routine maintenance has been needed. This truck has been a blast in the snow, I have not had any problems going anywhere, even in 2 wheel drive I was passing trucks struggling in 4 wheel drive. I am planning on buying a newer model. All in all a great vehicle. I have never doubted it.

Never Again
By McGuire on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

This is now my third Toyota that has rusted to the point of no return. I paid for and used an extened rust warranty. After only 3 years the truck needed paint and body work on the doors, fenders and tailgate. They are all in need of work again - $2000 worth. Not this time.

Too many problems
By slowry88 on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

Several minor problems and one major problem (Head Gaskets). The wheels need balancing often, radiator leaked, minor electrical problems, shocks are going. These were all minor compared to the head gaskets that blew with only 80,000 miles on the car. The Toyota service center told me that this was "high milage." That's funny, their sales staff contend that the car should run to 200k. Total cost of repair will exceed $2000.

Gasket Problem...
By 4Runer on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

Good car but not much power. Head gasket is the biggest problem on this car. Cost me too much money to keep it.