1994 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
my 4runner
By Debbie Miller on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

It's been a joy!!!

Toyota has hooked me good
By Mudslinger on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned (2) Toyota 4 wheel drice pick up trucks. The 1st was a 1987. I put 257000 miles on it and finally had to sell it because the body was falling apart. I couldnt kill the drive train with dynamite. Obviously I bought another one, a 1993...I put 119000 on it, and traded it in on my 4-runner.It had 73,000 when I bought it in 1999, and it has 135000 now.I will always own a Toyota.All I have done is the preventive maintenence, and put gas in it. I go camping all the time, and do lots of outdoor related entertainment.I love what you do for me...yea..TOYOTA

Never Again
By Richard Travis on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

Don't buy one. Engine went and so did everything else on the vehicle. Very uncomfortable to ride. No acceleration. My worst buy ever.

Awesome
By Raymond on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 V6 4dr SUV

I love it! It's the only vehicle i will ever drive!

I liked it so much I bought another one
By Al F. on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

Toyota build quality is outstanding. I compare it to my fathers Grand Cherokee. He is happy with his annual maintenance costs of about $2000. I have not had any problems. The only maintenance I had to do was preventative...ie. a timing belt at 100k. Let's see...$500 preventative maintenance vs. my fathers $6000. Easy choice! Never let me down! I just bought another one. Now I have had all 3 generaations!

No Problem
By zirkle on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

Decent gas mileage. Knock on wood no work has been needed for 40K mi. (has 105K on it) tune ups turn up everything doing really well. Clearance? it has an 8 3/4" clearance w/31" tires, that will go anywhere the engine will take you. Extremely reliable and versatile. No other vehicle has all the same features with such style.

Goes anywhere
By JR on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I have been driving this vehicle for 2 year, no major expenses on maintenance. Excellent off road capability, need more comfort on road.

Problems with 4 Runners/Toyotas
By Marion Saffell on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my 2nd, & my last Toyota! The 1st, we had to sell at at loss with 96000 mi.,with a cracked head. 2 years later, they had a recall on that model for that. This one has fumes in the cockpit; made me very sick going to our cabin twice, before I figured it out! Dealer says fuel injectors going out, over $400 per, (after they get inside, don't know how many, however, they may continue to go out). Also, clutch going out, our 2nd or 3rd on this car! Have had many gear problems! Not going to spend that much to repair. We just spent $1611 on a tuneup. Are there any recalls on these problems?

4Runner
By Bartlett on 03/05/02 15:01 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

Reliable and Trustworthy. Great Value.