1994 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
My favorite car
By AJ on 10/12/05 19:16 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

I love(d) my toyota 4-runner. I just wrecked her and I am devastated. She is the most reliable car. I love her and will miss driving her dearly. I'm looking to buy another one- that's how much I love this car. If you are interested in buying a 4-runner make sure you look at the Consumer Report (you can get a hold of them at your local library) because I know there were a couple years that had problems - I believe the 1997 model was one of them.

Reliable and Rugged 4WD
By kb on 03/05/05 14:54 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

A very reliable and rugged 4WD truck. Great for crawling over rocks, fording water, and punching through 3' snow-drifts. Not so much fun on the freeway. This 4runner is definitely still a truck. No mechanical or electrical problems with the vehicle at all. I average 18mpg highway/city. Not bad mpg for a truck of its capabilities. This truck is very fun to drive off the pavement, and is very stable over ruff roads. On the freeway the weak engine and top-heavy weight distribution make it a little scary.

Oh What A Feeling
By stu4runner on 11/09/04 12:00 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I really enjoy my truck. It's just now staring to show it's age, mostly in the styling department. Other than that, mechanically, it's been a real pleasure to own.

Will hate to see him go
By jad4runner on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my beatiful 4runner brandt new back in 1994. It was love at first sight and I am still in love with it. I had only the repairs that you can espect with a mileage like this. I am in the market now for a new 2004 and I am trying to decide if I should keep it or sell it. Like somebody else said it,the style of this truck has nothing to envy from the new ones. This a real SUV. I LOVE IT!, BUT ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END.Goodby my love.

What a Truck
By Johnny Whoha on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I have towed a 3500 lb camper for the last 4 years with no problems or even concerns. The vehicle is underpowered but with exhaust and intake modifications I have made it more than acceptable. This vehicle has had not 1 issue other than replacing a rear window motor. My biggest expense has been tires, I am more than impressed.

4runner
By pmsturgill on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

i bought this vehicle a fewmonths ago, i go through cars like candy and this is by far the smoothest riding 4wd i have ever been in. i am wanting to sell do to gas mileage, but that is the only reason, i have to drive 90miles a day and this is not a good commuter vehicle. i have had some small things go wrong, trouble with rear window ssliders and motor seems weak has trouble when getting to the top, speedo stopped working and back seat windows dont work, who knows dont need em'. i think this was a great SUV and qould recommend it for someone who doesnt drive far.

Great Reliability, just underpowered
By Rking on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

Keep changing the oil and this SUV just keeps on going! Rear seat only good for small children, lots of load room. Most reliable SUV I ever had, just no trouble at all. Not a high speed cruiser, but it doesn't tear itself apart from the power either.

My 1994 4Runner
By DA Morrissey on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I am the second owner of this great vehicle. It is very dependable and no major maintenance problems. I love to drive my truck to everything from weddings to outdoor vacations.

Great Vehicle
By Jeff Buck on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

I've had my 4Runner for 8 years and have loved every minute of it. I'm in the process of deciding whether or not to sell it (only 115,000 miles). It's in great shape and has been great for our family.

Rock Solid
By Dwern on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

I bought my 4Runner used four years ago with 63K miles. I bought an extended warranty when I bought the car and what a waste. I have had only had to put a new battery and starter in it in the last 4 years. Every mechanic I take it to says it is bulletproof, which I have found out as it is near 123K miles. We recently bought my wife a Mercedes ML320 and I still prefer to ride around in the 4Runner.