1994 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Great SUV
By speed321 on 05/13/12 23:18 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

My grandma bought me a 1994 Toyota 4 runner about a year ago for my first car it had 202,000 miles on it now it has 211,000 miles on it and runs amazing but sucks very bad in the hills or up any hill unless your like off-roading and your going up a hill slowly in 4x4.. The brakes do suck i need to have my rooters turned. Had problems with rear window switch. The two back passenger window motors are almost done working i think they go pretty slow up after you put them down all the way.. Leaks oil but with those kind of miles its expected. Oh and how its bad in the hills is that when your going say, 65 mph and you start going up a little or a big incline you will loose speed very quickly and

Reliable
By Lindsay on 09/24/06 12:03 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

This is the most reliable vehicle I have ever had. Still at 178,000 miles it has yet to break down on me once. Toyotas are AMAZING, and definitely worth every penny. I got in a wreck and it completely totalled the other SUV. I walked away without even a dent or scratch on my 4runner.

My favorite car
By AJ on 10/12/05 19:16 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

I love(d) my toyota 4-runner. I just wrecked her and I am devastated. She is the most reliable car. I love her and will miss driving her dearly. I'm looking to buy another one- that's how much I love this car. If you are interested in buying a 4-runner make sure you look at the Consumer Report (you can get a hold of them at your local library) because I know there were a couple years that had problems - I believe the 1997 model was one of them.

Great Vehicle
By Jeff Buck on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

I've had my 4Runner for 8 years and have loved every minute of it. I'm in the process of deciding whether or not to sell it (only 115,000 miles). It's in great shape and has been great for our family.

Rock Solid
By Dwern on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

I bought my 4Runner used four years ago with 63K miles. I bought an extended warranty when I bought the car and what a waste. I have had only had to put a new battery and starter in it in the last 4 years. Every mechanic I take it to says it is bulletproof, which I have found out as it is near 123K miles. We recently bought my wife a Mercedes ML320 and I still prefer to ride around in the 4Runner.

4Runner
By Marvin on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

Reliable vehicle. 151,000 miles and still in very good condition.

Awesome
By Raymond on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

I love it! It's the only vehicle i will ever drive!