Used 1994 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Great SUV
By speed321

1994 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

My grandma bought me a 1994 Toyota 4 runner about a year ago for my first car it had 202,000 miles on it now it has 211,000 miles on it and runs amazing but sucks very bad in the hills or up any hill unless your like off-roading and your going up a hill slowly in 4x4.. The brakes do suck i need to have my rooters turned. Had problems with rear window switch. The two back passenger window motors are almost done working i think they go pretty slow up after you put them down all the way.. Leaks oil but with those kind of miles its expected. Oh and how its bad in the hills is that when your going say, 65 mph and you start going up a little or a big incline you will loose speed very quickly and

Favorite Features

is very hard for it to gain speed so you slow hard core and is embarrassing, when your on a freeway or some thing with cars behind you.. It might just be mine tho because it has a lot of miles on the engine. But the biggest problem i have ever had with mine was a fuel injector-$130 for the injector and $546 installed at the Toyota dealer. Other then that stuff i love this car its fun to drive and not that bad on gas. Hope this helps you. :] FF the seats the car is amazing.

Suggested Improvements

Put new speakers in it.

Reliable
By Lindsay

1994 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

This is the most reliable vehicle I have ever had. Still at 178,000 miles it has yet to break down on me once. Toyotas are AMAZING, and definitely worth every penny. I got in a wreck and it completely totalled the other SUV. I walked away without even a dent or scratch on my 4runner.

Favorite Features

Reliability, very safe,

Suggested Improvements

nicer interior

My favorite car
By AJ

1994 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

I love(d) my toyota 4-runner. I just wrecked her and I am devastated. She is the most reliable car. I love her and will miss driving her dearly. I'm looking to buy another one- that's how much I love this car. If you are interested in buying a 4-runner make sure you look at the Consumer Report (you can get a hold of them at your local library) because I know there were a couple years that had problems - I believe the 1997 model was one of them.

Favorite Features

I love how the Toyota 4 runners handle. They are very maneuverable around turns.

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage. I will be the first one to buy a 4-Runner hybrid when they come out one day.

Great Vehicle
By Jeff Buck

1994 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

I've had my 4Runner for 8 years and have loved every minute of it. I'm in the process of deciding whether or not to sell it (only 115,000 miles). It's in great shape and has been great for our family.

Rock Solid
By Dwern

1994 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

I bought my 4Runner used four years ago with 63K miles. I bought an extended warranty when I bought the car and what a waste. I have had only had to put a new battery and starter in it in the last 4 years. Every mechanic I take it to says it is bulletproof, which I have found out as it is near 123K miles. We recently bought my wife a Mercedes ML320 and I still prefer to ride around in the 4Runner.

Favorite Features

Tons of space inside the car. Drove from CA to TX and put a lot things in it. AC still works great after 122K miles.

Suggested Improvements

Cup Holders are terrible A little underpowered Better Economy These things all have been improved recently and when ready it will be my next vehicle