1993 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews 2

1993 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Solid Value
By MichaelJ3D on 01/14/05 01:34 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased my 4Runner with 146k and have taken it to 200k. It runs the same as it did three years ago! The thing just keeps running. The engine is solid, the trans is solid, the 4WD is outstanding & all creature comforts are still working. In 54k miles, I've only had to replace a cold start injector and recently (190k) had to replace the rear main because of a small leak. Kudos to Toyota! Solid value.

Great Vehicle!
By kuk on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

I've had it for 6 years and it now has 158,000 miles...still running strong, and I drive it everywhere. No major problems. I did have to replace the radiator. (Maybe a Toyota thing since I had a Celica previously and had to replace that radiator too) Although, that could also be because I lived in Arizona!!! Toyotas are great cars, built to last in my opinion.

I can ALWAYS depend on getting there....
By Kato on 04/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I inherited this vehicle from my father after my car was totalled in 1999. He bought a brand new 2000 model and shipped this model to me from NY to Texas. It had only 37,000 miles at the time and now just turned 107,000. This truck has just the right amount of chrome and is still stylish. With the unpredictable Texas weather and my traveling between clinics, I know I will ALWAYS make it in my 4Runner.

Built-in Quality
By azipcode on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

As 2nd owner, the one word I'd use to describe my driving experience as DEPENDABLE. Other than an original recall on the head gasket--the car has performed very well. The engine is still strong and it's only the 3.0 V-6.

TOYOTA >>>A feeling of security
By Steve Jolly on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

10 years of marriage ,two kids, 4 dogs, 2 cats and countless adventures. This vehicle has always been there for my family.

Best Damn Car I've ever owned
By Ern on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

In 6 years and 80,000 miles (now at 117,000 miles), I have done nothing but tires, battery, gas & oil, filters. And get this, I have yet to get a tune- up and still get the same 18 mpg when I bought it. My next 10 cars will be a Toyota. ern

Great Car
By blang on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

We bought this car with 150,000 miles on it and now it has 180,000. We have replaced the starter. Prior to us owning the vehicle no major repairs were done. Only typical maintenance. The car drives well and I have no concerns about dependability. I am a die hard Toyota fan. These cars are built to last.

285000K and counting...
By keeley on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the first car that I bought new and it has been the greatest! Fun to drive, super reliable, 285,000K and counting... I do agree the V6 could be more powerful but that is only a small complaint.

Nice Vehicle
By Ryan kid on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

this vehicle is a reliable comfortable fun to drive SUV. It is great up in the mountains because it has a pretty good clearance.

Well-Built
By bbg on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

While it's true that this 4Runner is underpowered compared to most, it has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned - 165,000 miles and couting with no major repairs!