1993 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
great truck
By jonrec on 02/24/10 07:09 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

have had my 4-runner 10+ yrs bought it with 80000mi now have 276000 on it runs great will take you anyplace when out 4-wheeling is is like a little tank goes anyplace you aim it

Keeps going and going and going
By Ben Holman on 01/28/10 18:57 PM (PST)

1993 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought my '93 4Runner with 246,000 miles on it (all Colorado miles). That's right. I took it to 300,000 and got rear ended. It still runs like a top and never fails to start. Had a friend buy a '93 Blazer at the same time I bought my 4Runner . . . I towed him to the shop 3 times and it didn't feel like I was pulling anything. Only drawback is it's a little underpowered in the top end, don't expect to rocket up the hills, but mountains are no challenge.

Best Vehicle Ever Owned
By Matt in Colorado on 02/17/09 20:28 PM (PST)

1993 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

This is our second 93 4Runner. Our current one has 250k+ miles on it. We've taken it to very high altitude of Colorado, Moab, Arizona, Southern Cal and the Bay area. It handled everything like it was flat road. The engine is a bit weak on certain passes but it always makes it and has never failed us. We are looking finally for a 2003 or 04 upgrade to the V8 but Toyota simply makes the stronger drive trains out there, year after year after year. I recommend them to anyone. 4Runners Forever!

Passing on tradition
By bishmj on 07/25/07 19:36 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this as a single mom to feel safe in our midwest winters with my 4 year old at the time. It served me well up until last April of 2006. That is when he turned 16. He is now the principal driver and it is still going strong with only 129,000 miles on it! I feel comforted knowing he is driving ol' reliable and know he is safe. I had a hard time giving it up but it was time to pass on the tradition of quality. Toyota has not let me down, this was only my second one and I kept it for 12 years! Gas is the only issue now... not so great, but a super reliable second truck for towing and hauling!

I love my 4-runner
By Jody B on 04/08/06 09:19 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 4-runner from my aunt. I flew to Seattle and drove it to Utah. Runs great, minor problem with the radiator, after fixing got great gas mileage. Has 196K and still going strong!! No complaints.

Keepin on...
By Mark on 01/20/06 23:17 PM (PST)

1993 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this model 11 years ago, with 50k miles. Put another 150k, some repairs, but still all Toyota quality, loved it. Selling soon for a used 2004 4wd, should be every bit as good as this one!

"I should be in a toyota commercial"
By dexcom on 12/19/05 18:13 PM (PST)

1993 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 V6 4dr SUV

What can i say, I bought my baby brand new back in 1993. Now have about 225k and this thing purrs like a kitten, starts on a dime every time, great brakes, still have original rear and original front werent replaced till 100k. Developed small hole in the radiator which required replacement and had a recall on the head gasket that toyota paid for; other than that this thing is an ox. I take very good care of it and it has repaid my love with reliability that simply can't be beat. It doesn't sputter, ping, knock or vibrate and amazes me every time I crank it up. Ohh and besides the drivetrain, the interior hasn't even sustained a single tear in fabric or buttons falling off etc, I hope for 3-4+yrs.

The most reliable SUV
By John Randel on 09/29/05 00:52 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my 4Runner. It is fun to drive. I bought it new, and up to date all it has cost me are gas, tires, oil, filter and battery. I have 130000 miles on it and plan on driving it another 200K miles. The most reliable SUV.

Great Truck
By Timmy G on 08/16/05 01:14 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

My first truck ever. I tested it in the mountains of south Colorado, Blew me away. Awesome ride!! Won't ever get stuck in this ride.

Solid Value
By MichaelJ3D on 01/14/05 01:34 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased my 4Runner with 146k and have taken it to 200k. It runs the same as it did three years ago! The thing just keeps running. The engine is solid, the trans is solid, the 4WD is outstanding & all creature comforts are still working. In 54k miles, I've only had to replace a cold start injector and recently (190k) had to replace the rear main because of a small leak. Kudos to Toyota! Solid value.