1993 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
"I should be in a toyota commercial"
By dexcom on 12/19/05 18:13 PM (PST)

1993 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

What can i say, I bought my baby brand new back in 1993. Now have about 225k and this thing purrs like a kitten, starts on a dime every time, great brakes, still have original rear and original front werent replaced till 100k. Developed small hole in the radiator which required replacement and had a recall on the head gasket that toyota paid for; other than that this thing is an ox. I take very good care of it and it has repaid my love with reliability that simply can't be beat. It doesn't sputter, ping, knock or vibrate and amazes me every time I crank it up. Ohh and besides the drivetrain, the interior hasn't even sustained a single tear in fabric or buttons falling off etc, I hope for 3-4+yrs.

Great Vehicle!
By kuk on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

I've had it for 6 years and it now has 158,000 miles...still running strong, and I drive it everywhere. No major problems. I did have to replace the radiator. (Maybe a Toyota thing since I had a Celica previously and had to replace that radiator too) Although, that could also be because I lived in Arizona!!! Toyotas are great cars, built to last in my opinion.

Built-in Quality
By azipcode on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

As 2nd owner, the one word I'd use to describe my driving experience as DEPENDABLE. Other than an original recall on the head gasket--the car has performed very well. The engine is still strong and it's only the 3.0 V-6.

Great Car
By blang on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

We bought this car with 150,000 miles on it and now it has 180,000. We have replaced the starter. Prior to us owning the vehicle no major repairs were done. Only typical maintenance. The car drives well and I have no concerns about dependability. I am a die hard Toyota fan. These cars are built to last.

Well-Built
By bbg on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

While it's true that this 4Runner is underpowered compared to most, it has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned - 165,000 miles and couting with no major repairs!