Used 1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

grrrreat
By chrtstine

1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I love the 1992 toyota 4 runner. my favorite thing about it, is when camping, i can fold the back seat completely forward and sleep in the back with my kids. also if i don't want them to run away while we are in the woods, I can put the rear window down and close the tailgate. It is amazing if a 6" lift is added with 34" tires also, it makes those off road courses easier to gain control of.

Favorite Features

I love the transmission on the 5 speed. It was my first manual to drive and I have not adjusted to another since. It was very easy to learn in.

Suggested Improvements

This vehicle needs NO improvements. it couldnt get any better.

Takes a lickin'.....
By Chariot of Fur

1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had this car for 8 years and it has 203,000 miles on it. It has moved me 4 times, gets 18 mpg for my 2 hour round trip commute to work,and hauls tons of stuff including 2 huge dogs. We love this truck - it runs better and gives us less trouble than my husbands 1999 Dodge Dakota. It has withstood many New England winters and not-so- routine maintenence and keeps on tickin'.... Til death do us part!

Favorite Features

Durability, Reliability, Cargo room, Childproof window locks (great for dogs who stand on the armrests and can put the windows down on their own)

Suggested Improvements

Move that cup holder!

First and Last SUV
By alu600

1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this SUV 5 years ago with 80,000 miles and now I have 180,000 miles on it. I never had any major problems with with it besides the normal wear and tear. I find that the engine burns a quart of oil every 1000 miles. I have spoken with other toyota 4-Runner owners with the V6 and found out that this is normal and it is the fault of the valve stem seals. Other than that the truck has never left me stranded anywhere. I'm real happy with the truck and plan on keeping it, given the price of SUVs today.

Favorite Features

Fold down tailgate (this makes hauling long pieces of wood much easier), rear sliding glass, moonroof,large cargo area with the rear seats folded down. 3,500 pound towing capacity (not recommended to tow full capacity)

Suggested Improvements

This truck needs MORE power.

Great SUV
By tgm8

1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my 92 4runner. It gets good gas milage compared to other SUVs. It looks great and rides smooth. It's very reliable and I've never had a problem and I have 160000 mile on this bad boy. The only thing I would say is that it's a little slow off the line, but unless your racing it doesn't really matter. Great family car!

Favorite Features

auto 4 wheel drive

Suggested Improvements

more power off the line

great vehicle
By mathew evan

1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

this is one of the best vehicles ever. it has been my first vehicle. and i love it. it is in very good shape. alot of my frinds are jelous when they go riding with me. just about all toyotas are great!

Favorite Features

the paint at night is purple and during the day is blue. but it drives like a charm. never breaks down.

Suggested Improvements

i should probably put new seat covers on it. and a new sound syystem.