1992 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
a life saver! (literally!)
By scotty145 on 10/10/11 21:42 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

i bought one of these 4 runners with only 130k miles on it and it ran like a top! no leaks, didnt eat oil, stearing was fairly tight, and it just went! not only was it built great, it looks good too! unfortunately, i ended up totalling the thing. but it i were to happen to be driving anything else, i dont think i would be writing this review right now. i rolled it and smashed down on the driver side, but it only caved in about 6 inches. luckily i landed on the wheels, but it was also able to get towed by straps and roll away! the chassis is still straight and the motor still cranked over. so its a very safe vehicle. great family car, or new drivers vehicle.

1992 4runner v6 4x4
By rs_nasser on 10/08/11 18:39 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

recently purchased my 1992 4runner that i was looking for. it came will all the options and drives extremely smooth, brakes, transmisssion, everything. very well built car. i was mostlt SHOCKED when i found out GAS MILAGE is very bad. giving me 10 mpg city. any ideas from anyone as to why the mpg is soo baaad.? please help. ty

Love it
By goodwinmgoodwin on 04/14/10 12:16 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this rig with 240,000k already on it. It was a repo, so naturally I had quite a few things to fix. After that I couldn't be happier with this vehicle its plenty roomy for the wife and kids, its safe to have em' in. and when they're not in it its a lot of fun to take through the mud holes (18 inches deep and never been stuck).

A great truck
By very sweet on 01/18/07 12:37 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I first bought this truck from my friend and it is the best car I have ever owned. It now has 141,000 miles on it and it's still truckin. I have had to do only one head job on it but that was a dealership recall. I love it how this truck can go anywhere, anytime. It has the perfect amount of cargo room, mostly when you fold down the rear seats. This truck is perfect in an offroad environment too. I can definitely keep up with all the other guys in there souped up trucks in the sand. If your looking for a fun truck that lasts a life time and maybe even longer this should be your truck.

I love my truck
By Lisa on 09/04/06 15:04 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I love this truck. I've owned it for over 10 years and it has never let me down. I stay on top all the maintainance and it has been extremely reliable. Even when I was backing down a steep bouldery slope into a river- side camping spot, the 4 wheel drive LOW was amazing and has continued to impress me over the years. This is a solid, comfortable SUV that is great for camping, skiing and other outdoor pursuits. It also handles well around town. The gas mileage is only about 16 now that it's almost 15 years old. The 1992 is a great year for the 4 Runner.

grrrreat
By chrtstine on 05/24/06 19:13 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I love the 1992 toyota 4 runner. my favorite thing about it, is when camping, i can fold the back seat completely forward and sleep in the back with my kids. also if i don't want them to run away while we are in the woods, I can put the rear window down and close the tailgate. It is amazing if a 6" lift is added with 34" tires also, it makes those off road courses easier to gain control of.

4-runner
By Ben Bruno on 11/21/05 22:39 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

Very good car. Dependable, and easy to drive. Built high enough to be an SUV, and feels like a truck. I am very happy with this car. I've had it for five years now. Last owner took special care of this car.

Built to Last and Last-----
By humansvcsgypsy on 05/28/05 13:20 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this truck with 155000 miles already on it to run urban and rural newspaper delivery routes. Have given it very hard use in all kinds of weather; lots of time idling, with constant stop and go driving, into and out of driveways. The engine and tranny are very sound. It came with all the whistles and bells and all worked!! Replaced the radiator, belts and hoses. All gaskets are sound--no leaks even under high pressure car washes! Used one quart between oil changes. With care this one ought to go 350K. It is a real pleasure to drive this great vehicle--no rattles or squeaks. The ride is not bad for a truck chassis built to go overland.

By steven11111 on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

the best car out there, this car will get you anywhere you want to be and will not brake down on you

Takes a lickin'.....
By Chariot of Fur on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had this car for 8 years and it has 203,000 miles on it. It has moved me 4 times, gets 18 mpg for my 2 hour round trip commute to work,and hauls tons of stuff including 2 huge dogs. We love this truck - it runs better and gives us less trouble than my husbands 1999 Dodge Dakota. It has withstood many New England winters and not-so- routine maintenence and keeps on tickin'.... Til death do us part!