Used 1992 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Toyota 4runner - Consumer Reviews

1992 Toyota 4Runner

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

a life saver! (literally!)
By scotty145

1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

i bought one of these 4 runners with only 130k miles on it and it ran like a top! no leaks, didnt eat oil, stearing was fairly tight, and it just went! not only was it built great, it looks good too! unfortunately, i ended up totalling the thing. but it i were to happen to be driving anything else, i dont think i would be writing this review right now. i rolled it and smashed down on the driver side, but it only caved in about 6 inches. luckily i landed on the wheels, but it was also able to get towed by straps and roll away! the chassis is still straight and the motor still cranked over. so its a very safe vehicle. great family car, or new drivers vehicle.

1992 4runner v6 4x4
By rs_nasser

1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV

recently purchased my 1992 4runner that i was looking for. it came will all the options and drives extremely smooth, brakes, transmisssion, everything. very well built car. i was mostlt SHOCKED when i found out GAS MILAGE is very bad. giving me 10 mpg city. any ideas from anyone as to why the mpg is soo baaad.? please help. ty

Love it
By goodwinmgoodwin

1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this rig with 240,000k already on it. It was a repo, so naturally I had quite a few things to fix. After that I couldn't be happier with this vehicle its plenty roomy for the wife and kids, its safe to have em' in. and when they're not in it its a lot of fun to take through the mud holes (18 inches deep and never been stuck).

Favorite Features

The Five speed manual is great I like the rear heater, and the inside switch to roll down the tailgate window.

Suggested Improvements

Move the cup holder, it's useless. and Move the clock I'm always looking around the steering wheel at it. oh yea and instead of coil spring suspension use leaf springs they're cheaper to lift.

A great truck
By very sweet

1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I first bought this truck from my friend and it is the best car I have ever owned. It now has 141,000 miles on it and it's still truckin. I have had to do only one head job on it but that was a dealership recall. I love it how this truck can go anywhere, anytime. It has the perfect amount of cargo room, mostly when you fold down the rear seats. This truck is perfect in an offroad environment too. I can definitely keep up with all the other guys in there souped up trucks in the sand. If your looking for a fun truck that lasts a life time and maybe even longer this should be your truck.

Favorite Features

I love everything about this truck!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would suggest would be taking out the cross-over pipe behind the block and running a Y-pipe for the exhaust.

I love my truck
By Lisa

1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I love this truck. I've owned it for over 10 years and it has never let me down. I stay on top all the maintainance and it has been extremely reliable. Even when I was backing down a steep bouldery slope into a river- side camping spot, the 4 wheel drive LOW was amazing and has continued to impress me over the years. This is a solid, comfortable SUV that is great for camping, skiing and other outdoor pursuits. It also handles well around town. The gas mileage is only about 16 now that it's almost 15 years old. The 1992 is a great year for the 4 Runner.

Suggested Improvements

It fits my 6 foot tall husband a bit tight.