Best wagon for the money
By Don G on
1991 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV
Fun to drive, great gas mileage and goes anywhere. It can haul most things a pickup can haul and with the rear air/heat it's always comfy both front and rear. 23 miles per gallon but I replaced the big off road tires with what was supposed to be on there. Smooth and my wife and I love it. I didn't buy it because I had to. I had a brand new truck 6 months ago and sold it when I found this little 4x4 and am glad I did. A lot cheaper than most to insure, buy lic. plates for and just a blast to drive. I LOVE TOYOTA.
Favorite Features
I love the 22RE engine and mine is a 5 speed manual. I love how tall it sits and it makes it easy to get into and out of. I traded a golf cart for a 1989 Toyota pick up and really liked it but the 6 cylinder was hard to work on and it sat low so I went looking for a 4runner and found mine.
Suggested Improvements
I guess most would like more power, I am a 60 year old retired male and I love the gas mileage more than I need power. I do want the roof rack and will put one on but other than that.. well I am totally happy.