1991 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
The best car you will ever have the pleasure of owning
By s0ul_sister on 03/05/14 14:19 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

This car is a wild beast. There is literally NOTHING the 4runner can't handle. My friends and I have taken her through streams, rock climbing, mudding and playing in the snow. I am so mean to this car, yet it has never once failed me. It keeps going no matter what you throw at it. Lots of room, reliable engine and it just looks so bad ass! I think it's important that you get the manual version though, because automatics aren't as much fun and don't give as much control. If you want a car that will keep trooping past 250k miles, this is the one for you. Take care of it and you will love it forever.

1991 Toyota 4Runner 22re 4X4
By fierceblues on 06/06/12 05:27 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought a 1991 4runner 4x4 5speed 4 cylinder brand new. It now has 265000. Thing runs great....as long as the rig is maintained and not abused it runs forever. Tranny and 4x4 setup is flawless and built like a tank. Engine was rebuilt at 220,000 (probably could have gone much further, but was gonna let my son use it and wanted him to have a very reliable rig) and the truck is a horse mechanically. The driver seat needs recovering and could use a paint refresh.....but it has been one reliable vehicle. I have never regretted buying this truck and was glad I got the 4 cylinder engine...didnt have all the bells and whistles like the 6 cylinder, but man does it just keep on running. If you can pick up a well maintained 4 cyclinder...even with high mileage, you have found a machine that can give you years of reliable service.

The truck that never could get stuck
By blake81 on 07/10/11 22:56 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

This was my first vehicle. I loved this truck and so did my friends. i had so many people compliment it. I was the 5th owner and the guy before me put on a brush gaurd, rear light covers and a safari rack. My 4Runner came with the tire located on the back of the truck. I took this thing off road all the time and never got it stuck once. MY best friend who is a jeep fanatic ttalked smack all the time until the third or fourth time i pulled him out. Before I went to BUD/s school to be a Navy SEAL i took it out to the rocky mountiains and never had a better time in my life. Sadly i did have a few problems with it that were from beating the crap out of it but all in all this is th ebest truck iv

Best wagon for the money
By Don G on 06/03/10 06:57 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV

Fun to drive, great gas mileage and goes anywhere. It can haul most things a pickup can haul and with the rear air/heat it's always comfy both front and rear. 23 miles per gallon but I replaced the big off road tires with what was supposed to be on there. Smooth and my wife and I love it. I didn't buy it because I had to. I had a brand new truck 6 months ago and sold it when I found this little 4x4 and am glad I did. A lot cheaper than most to insure, buy lic. plates for and just a blast to drive. I LOVE TOYOTA.

best truck around
By B-530 on 01/24/10 22:06 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

i bought my runner with 246k on the clock. it has the 22re with a 5 speed and 4 wheel drive. i get 22 mpg average which is great in my opinion for a 4wd suv. it fits my family very comfortably and allows us to go wherever we want very safely. its not fast but it gets the job done it now has 270,000 miles and runs like champ. i wouldn't trade it for a lot of other suv's out there.

A Guzzler but SUCH A TRUCK!
By djkron on 12/23/08 13:15 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

Ok, I know that it has been a short time that I have owned the truck but this has to be one of the most durable, dependable and versatile vehicles out there. I have pulled my buddies out of monster snow drifts with this thing. I live in Canada and for starting in the cold weather there isn't an issue, I have never, let me say that again, I have never gotten stuck in this truck. I love it, the only complaint I have is the fuel economy, but that is to be expected when driving a truck. Don't go and buy one of these thinking that you will get 400 miles to a tank. It Is a tank and I promise that it will get you through damn near anything.

Very reliable
By AL on 09/27/07 08:30 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

The only downside is the lack of power. Gas pedal is very stiff.

Great truck!
By Rex on 08/16/06 08:02 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this last year from a person in town and love it! Have had to replace head gaskets, but it's got 270,000 miles on it and still runs perfect! I have taken it off-road and it does geat. Still tight, and all the major stuff still works. Amazing vehicle!

One Tough Truck
By Sean on 01/04/06 05:55 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased my truck in 94, it now has 201000 miles with very minimal repairs besides normal up keep. Motor was replaced at 120000 due to blown head gasket, but Toyota stepped up and covered all expenses due to a recall. I've considered selling this truck several times, but after shopping around nothing out there can do the job better than this truck has in the past 15 years. I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!

Ohh Yeah
By Ediblecricket on 12/15/04 18:21 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I love this car so much. My Grandpa just gave it to me for my birthday. I have only had it for a few months but i can already tell that it is a quality vehicle. When i got it it had 69000 miles on it. In two months i have had no problems even though it just sat around for almost a year. I had its fluids flushed and replaced as well as the battery and belts. I would definatly buy another, but for now i will use what ive got.