Used 2014 Tesla Model S Sedan Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Tesla Model S Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Model S model:

Green lightning
By Joe

2014 Tesla Model S Sedan P85 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

Traded in a '09 CTS-V. Very similar in handling and performance ... S probably a bit faster. But, with much better mpg and silently sucks the headlights off the competition. Love the body style too.

Now that we have a Supercharger in Louisville, Ky. The title of my review needs to be changed to: FREE Green Lightning. Auto pilot, parking, and summon updates work as good, or better, (once you learn how to use them) as advertised.

Overpriced for what you get
By Randy Martin

2014 Tesla Model S Sedan P85D 4dr Sedan AWD (electric DD)

I have owned the P85D since December. Although the vehicle is incredibly fast and fun to drive the car is a disappointment. The front seats are very uncomfortable. We were promised new seats in February, didn't happen. The navigation system is the worst I have ever used except for the BMW. Mr. Musk told us all the wonderful thing that the New D will do so I bought one. The car does none of these. My wife's Kia has more safety features than the D. It's coming we are told.,I am elderly and am hoping I live long enough to have my tesla have the features I was promised.

The incredible speed and handling of the vehicle.

Quit lying to your customers about the range of the vehicle. Driving the speed limit you will not get 80% of what they tell you you will get. All of the features that Musk said where in the vehicle put in the vehicle. That's why we bought it. With out these features I would have bought a car with all the safety features at 1/3 the price.

American Ingenuity Electrified
By rickallen

2014 Tesla Model S Sedan P85 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

I have the P85D AWD. The powertrain alone is worth the cost of entry. Faster than Ferrari performance, AWD, and every stomp of the accelerator doesn't burn a gallon of gas. Flex your foot and your face and body are thrown back with nearly no accompanying noise. The silence makes the acceleration somehow more rocket like, as if some unseen force is hurtling you toward the horizon. This car is the future of powertrains.

The GPS enabled suspension remembers my driveway and raises the front suspension (!!!), and the GPS system remembers when my gate and garage are nearby and pops up Homelink to open them. The HUGE screen makes everything accessible and in amazing clarity and detail. The main gauge cluster is informative and simple. The ride is quiet, composed, and smooth. There is tons of room for storage between the frunk and trunk. Autopilot works flawlessly. And....the face-smashing, traffic annihilating, Porsche-embarrassing acceleration

The seats can't lower enough for me to be 100% comfortable at my height. Rear seats could use a tiny bit more leg and headroom, but only for someone as tall as me. Some features disappear and reappear with updates without much explanation. The cupholders in the front could be better...the cupholders in the rear were never thought of. Why no LED headlights when efficient energy use is the prime driver of this car?