Great Car - Wish I could afford a second!
By josh_b on
2013 Tesla Model S 4dr Sedan (electric DD)
Hi everyone, Like you I was skeptical at first that an EV could be as enjoyable to drive as one with an ICE and as green as described. I can now say that after 14,000 trouble free kilometeres and no issues, my 'S has been all of the above and more. I have hauled four people and their equipment around all day, driven all over southern Ontario without issue or anxiety and saved countless tanks of gas from being burned. (I drive a lot.) It's great to see technology, but moreso great to see technology implemented smartly. (Not just for its own sake.) The car is reliable and a joy to drive!
Favorite Features
The drivetrain is bulletproof. We have had no issues with the drivetrain and routinely take longer trips in addition to my regular commute. Charging has been easy via a 240v/40A outlet although in truth we should've gotten the quick charger. The folks at the Yorkdale Tesla location are fantastic and wonderful; their generosity and information have been very helpful. The seating and cabin are comfy for longer trips and make my life as a new dad much easier.
Suggested Improvements
As always more range would be great. Nonetheless so far the range has been fine for my purposes. (I drive a lot but mainly to and from work each day - a totally manageable 120km round trip.) Having a "full tank" in the morning has been refreshing and I've enjoyed recycling the coupons from Air Miles used to beg me back to Shell. (Nope, not going to buy any more gas.) My wife and I are patiently waiting for news about the Gen III (Bluestar) model. It promises similar range, (maybe better with the largest battery pack), and will be a smaller car. (Our preference is for smaller vehicles, particularly since I sometimes head downtown and long for an easier time in parking.)