Excellent performance, utility and efficiency
By fluxemag on
2013 Tesla Model S 4dr Sedan (electric DD)
I rationalized buying such an expensive car based on $3000 a year gas savings, $500 a year registration savings and maintenance savings. I chose reasonable options like leather, the pano roof and the sound system with the never-produced 40kWh battery. So I am one of the few people who got the 60kWh battery for the price of the 40 (albeit with a software limitation). The car is just as fast as the G37 was, seats 5 adults very comfortably, is twice as efficient as a Prius and has tons of cargo space. The design of the interior and exterior is beautifully done. It does get slightly annoying to drive such a high profile vehicle because that's all anyone wants to talk about.
Favorite Features
Instant torque, regenerative braking, touchscreen with internet, saving money on gas, carpool lane, cheap tags, excellent service, killer looks, wireless software updates constantly improving the car, iphone app, pre-cooling the car in summer, pre-heating in winter from my phone.
Suggested Improvements
Sleep mode, supercharger expansion, better floor mats, auto-closing frunk. I think auto-presenting door handles and auto-tilting mirrors should be standard since it's just a line or two of code.