2013 Tesla Model S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Model S model:
17 of 42,933 people found this review helpful
60 KWH Spring Suspension
By smccphillip on 06/13/13 20:30 PM (PDT)

2013 Tesla Model S 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

This is an initial quality review as we have only 1000 miles since we picked up the car last week. The car has been flawless since we picked up in White Plains on June 4th and has exceed all my memories from the test drive. Our wait was 2.5 months from the time of reservation. I've formerly owned driver's cars like the Redline Saturn Sky an 530Xi 5-series sedan. The Tesla feels even more refined than the 5-series and handles corners on rails like the Sky. Its cargo room approaches a large SUV all while getting nearly 100mpg. I believe our vehicle is one of the first without air suspension, and in my opinion there is no noticeable downside to ride and handling of the coils springs.

Tesla is to cars what Apple is to phones.
By drbones911 on 05/20/13 17:43 PM (PDT)

2013 Tesla Model S Performance 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

I have approximately 7000 miles on this signature, performance version of the Tesla S. The car grabs a lot of attention and drives like a dream machine. I've driven the car from Boston to New York City then into New Jersey and back again with no problems. Other than that, I never really need to use an outside charging station since I charge it each night in my garage at home. This car is not just for local commutes. The car of the future is already here and still many still people don't believe that it's possible. Great job Tesla!

72 of 44,601 people found this review helpful
Fascinating, sickeningly fast, ultra-quiet, & no gas!
By dwoodruff on 04/14/13 15:47 PM (PDT)

2013 Tesla Model S Performance 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

I have owned my Model S Performance (P85) for 6 weeks. It is the most brilliant car I've ever owned (and I have owned a long string of very good cars, including Ferrari Cailfornia, Audi S8, Porsche 997 Carrera S, Infiniti QX56, Audi allroad, BMW M3...). Automobile Magazine and Motor Trend had it right: it is a "game changer." The power delivery is unreal. It is dead silent. It handles tight and flat. It feels modern and well-assembled. You can keep tabs of the car on an App on the iPhone, including warming it up from wherever you are so it is toasty warm when you climb in. Park it in the garage and quickly plug in the charger, and it is full and ready to go every morning. Just amazing.

82 of 43,820 people found this review helpful
Remarkable Car
By txcattledog on 03/09/13 15:39 PM (PST)

2013 Tesla Model S Performance 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

For over 100 years, cars have improved incrementally. That has changed. In the last year, the car has improved exponentially, thanks to the Tesla Model S. Everything about the Model S is better than an gas car - drive experience, design, engineering. The car has an intuitiveness and effortlessness that is unmatched - acceleration, handling, controls. It only lacks ease of long trips, but that is being solved with the supercharger network and is already irrelevant to many. Daily, it excels - full every morning, at 1/4 the cost of gas, and 4 times the fun. We sold our Lexus when our Model S arrived and will part with our BMW for the Model X. Categorically. Unequivocally. Joyfully!!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.