Used 2013 Tesla Model S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Tesla Model S Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Model S model:

Awesome car for awesome people!
By Monisha Bawa

2013 Tesla Model S Sedan 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

The best! Don't want to ever drive anything else!
By Roger Greenway

2013 Tesla Model S Sedan 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

The Tesla Model S is amazing! The comfort, performance and economy are amazing. Good for the planet and climate too! The low cost of operation makes up for the high purchase price and then some!

Best car I've ever owned, could never go back
By John Sanders

2013 Tesla Model S Sedan 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

I like to drive cars hard, but hated sticking $70 in the pump every week. I drive a lot and hate driving hybrids with CVTs. So when I could get an all electric performance car I took the plunge. I usually prefer coupes to sedans, but since Tesla no longer made the Roadster, I went with the Model S. I couldn't be happier. The service is excellent, especially compared with my wife's Lexus. If there's ever a problem, Tesla sends a valet out to get my car, leaves me a brand new loaner, fixes and washes it, and then brings it back to my house, all for free. The car is big, but it still gets close to double Prius efficiency, all while I drive it as fast as I want. Charging at home is also very convenient compared to stopping for gas. The only drawback for me is it is slightly more prone to interior rattles than my past vehicles. This could be because it doesn't make any engine noise, but overall it's still much quieter.

Fix the reverse light condensation issue
By Bernie Kuzava

2013 Tesla Model S Sedan 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

I have read several reports about condensation in the reverse light covers. I have owned 2 Teslas and each has had this problem. It seems to defy repair as I have had several service calls and the issue remains.

Tesla model S flawed design
By solarguy888

2013 Tesla Model S Sedan 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

I took delivery of my Tesla85 1 month ago and it is a highly flawed design especially the large touch screen , it would be great to know the figures on how many Tesla model s cars have been involved in accidents i will guarantee it is higher than the average what ever that may be ,needless to say I contacted Tesla with my concerns on 4 separate occassions and have heard nothing, great customer service, this car cost $130000 in Australia .It will be interesting to see in the near future whether they persist with this touch screen but if enough safety authorities get hold of this design flaw it could mean a recall what would that cost.

none

Re design is needed they have missed a huge market sector with the over the top tech ,we have an aging population who all eventually will be on some kind of fixed income pension annuity etc they have the money to purchase and obviously a car that requires minimum expense when it comes to fuel and servicing would fulfill this niche .Wake up Elon not everyone is 35 years old and walks around bumping into people because they can't take their eyes of their iphone.

• SUV